Active Topics

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
a lot happens that you guys don't see we warn people and ban people everyday. our goal is not to Ban anyone from site because we are all part of the community. I'm not sure if the ignore feature ignores their posts or just PMs but if it does their post I would suggest using it if those people both you that much.

About the off topic section the rules for it have always been talk about aynthing you want except religion and politics. Reggie admins several sites and that is his rule on all of them. This thread really belongs in Community and not Off Topic.

I have been pushing and will push a little more to have off topic removed from active posts and new posts.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post:
Posts: 273 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Germany
Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
I have been pushing and will push a little more to have off topic removed from active posts and new posts.
Hi Andrew,

thanks a lot. I think especially that will help a lot. In case anybody is interested, you got my vote on this, too

Best regards,
Corwin

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
If I can help with anything else, just ask! Please click 'Thanks!' if this post was helpful.

The Following User Says Thank You to Corwin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Thanks Andrew.

But ignoring doesn't solve the issue for the entire community. Less experienced user could believe everything they read.
My case was not to ban everyone (of cours not!), just these, who intentionally cause damage to the community.
By the way... Where is GA?
See my point?

The Following User Says Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
I find those who cry about this to be pretty pathetic.

You are doing exactly what you're complaining about. If you're smart enough you would ignore it rather than make personal attacks and naming specific posters.

Welcome to the Internet ya bunch of whiners

The Following User Says Thank You to h3llraz0r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
I think also a problem are the different timezones.
It took way to long to ban maemoGUY. until his ban he insulted nearly everyone, caused high traffic on the maemo servers and posted too many posts (I haven't counted them)..
therefore we need at least one mod in every timezone, and make sure, that they can be online most of the time.
sure, my last post was really extreme. but in real obvious cases there should be no "mercy"...
i could do Australia region no problem

The Following User Says Thank You to felbutss For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by matts76 View Post
as most of these threads are started by people with very few posts it is obvious that they are created to hide the identity of an existing member, is there any way the mods can trace who these people are, as otherwise all a ban would achieve would be to stop someone using their alter ego and they could just create a new one 5 mins later.
now that is a gooddd idea

Originally Posted by h3llraz0r View Post
I find those who cry about this to be pretty pathetic.

You are doing exactly what you're complaining about. If you're smart enough you would ignore it rather than make personal attacks and naming specific posters.

Welcome to the Internet ya bunch of whiners
Really, in what way is it unclear what this thread is about? People can talk about whatever they want, its only when they post in the wrong place and tell blatant lies just to p*ss off and trick other users that it becomes a problem.

Also i totaly agree that off topic should be removed from the active topics list

The Following User Says Thank You to matts76 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by matts76 View Post
Really, in what way is it unclear what this thread is about? People can talk about whatever they want, its only when they post in the wrong place and tell blatant lies just to p*ss off and trick other users that it becomes a problem.

Also i totaly agree that off topic should be removed from the active topics list
no. make a minimum of say.yyyyyyy.....10 post before you can start a new thread

Last edited by sjgadsby; 2010-05-05 at 15:54. Reason: removing insult

Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
But these posters are very unhealthy for the community.
Look at how many high-level posters from past days, don't post anymore, or just post very little because they are annoyed every time they come on t.m.o.
And this will go further and further with the "mainstream-ization" of MeeGo.
What to do?

I think we need clear forum-rules and a fast moderator team.
Every post that is not on topic should be deleted immediately without a comment and the poster should be warned. After 5 warning the poster should be banned.
The same with insults.

What do you think?
[sarcasm] YEAH! those stupid people who I don't like or whose posts I don't like should be DELETED IMMEDIATELY![/sarcasm]

Jesus, since when did ppl on the internet become so damn sensitive and reactive. If you don't like someone's post cause you think they're a troll or their post has no value, then just MOVE ON!

Noone is forcing you to read or respond a post. The internet isn't a finite resource in which you can't post something because someone else has taken your spot. All this talk about warning and banning is crap. Moderators already have the authority to lock a thread. That, and the fact that you control what you click on and respond to, should be more than enough to keep your sensibilities from being hurt.

The Following User Says Thank You to techngro For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by -maemoGUY- View Post
now that is a gooddd idea
LMAO
If it wasnt for the lack of exclamation marks id really believe it was the same person.

The Following User Says Thank You to matts76 For This Useful Post:

Tags
name&shame!, riverside