Active Topics

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Uffaffaa to you.

Originally Posted by icebox View Post
yep symbian is junk.

Doing for years what apple and android are still struggling to do well, doing it on underpowered hardware and consuming only minuscule sips of energy while doing it.

Yes the bling is not there, but I tend to care about what's under the hood.
wahey someone who understands its not all about a fancy ui and appreciates symbian which is getting rare in this day and age

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ St.Petersburg, Russia
I want to change N900 for business symbian model (with keyboard & touch screen) too ^(.
I want new & improved E90 back I want worked MMS, car kit support, search anywhere and many many ended and worked software...

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
symbian impresses me for the past 5 years of using this kinda software. but still, symbian is symbian, even though it evolves, the same "memory full" warning always appear. i've used symbian from versions 2 - 5, and all i can say is its very friendly to use and the java apps are spectacular...

but i want something new, and n900, maemo is a very good answer.

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Ireland
Originally Posted by afaq View Post
leaving Maemo for symbian? really? are you sure? oh well.
HA! just what i was thinking reading his post!

Hey guys, I bought my N900 some weeks ago for 538€. But now it costs 501€. I asked amazon.de whether they could give me the difference back, because I had the possibility to sent it back, get my 538€ back and buy it again for 501€ saved 37€. They told me no, if you want, then sent it back and buy it again -.- And so i sent it now back. Before I buy N900 i will buy Nokia N8 and test it. When I like it, I will go for N8, if not maybe I want to buy another one - maybe N900 again.

The thing is, I also need a good video camera. The N8 has a good one. It also has a fast Wireless Connection. In addition it takes 12MP Photos. The two things i will miss are the OS Maemo, like a mini computer, and the keyboard. But who knows, maybe I will be here again xD

Why do people make these announcements? Just leave silently and stop looking for attention

Well thats just sad. I guess you must be looking for a better camera, personally I think the ninehundreds camera is ok. If I would break or loose mine I wouldnt hesitate to buy another. Hope you will be happy with the n8. So long!

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
When I saw the video sample and pictures and HDMI of the N8 I was WOW! I NEED ONE....then I calmed myself down and noticed the shortcomings of this phone....640x480 resolution ( no thanks!) , Symbian ( No thanks!), No keyboard ( No thanks!).....these specs will be fixed on a future N9 Meego phone....so don`t give your N900 away, by then you`ll have Meego and full Flash support and an awsome N900!

Last edited by sophocha; 2010-04-30 at 16:37.

Hey guys, I decided not to return my N900 back and to not wait some month for the N8. The good thing is: multitouch, 12 MP, 720P Video, W-Lan "N". The good thing in N900 is OS, the keyboard. When I see, that N8 is ****, then I will still have my N900 ^^

so hihi