Active Topics

Notices

I was wondering about this, and what it boiled down to me, was the need for a custom kernel. Joiku did not require this. So I went with it. Thanks to Joiku allowing you to buy it outside of the Ovi store this was possible. My first purchased app for this phone. Really wish Ovi would fix their credit card issues.

2d

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by Spotfist View Post
You don't have to pay to use Joikuspot, there is a way to download the free version using apt get in xterm, very easy to do just a power search on this forum will do it does not allow encryption however.

I have found that joikuspot is full of errors, use it enough and you will find them, I often it's down to luck, it will eventually work but can sometimes require a reset. Once working the connection stays up, I managed to watch an episode of mock the week on my laptop using my N900 no problem, after watching that I left it and the connection dropped as I have autodisconnect installed. Getting joikuspot to work again was a nightmare!
where were?? pm me the comand if u have it... i wanna try it to see if joikuspt works with the ps3...

and mobilehotspot doesnt get read by both my comps anymore.. comes out as undefined network in windows 7...help

Originally Posted by taril View Post
I tried mobilehotspot with power kernel, it worked, cool, but i had to recharge my device twice a day because of the power kernel, in general, without online hotspot
I think you're one of the few experiencing loss of battery life w/ power kernel. I've just double up installing it.
imho no reason to worry about power kernel, install titan's one, work like a charm and if you don't want to overclock nobody will ask you to do it. and then try mobilehotspot

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by taril View Post
I tried mobilehotspot with power kernel, it worked, cool, but i had to recharge my device twice a day because of the power kernel, in general, without online hotspot
!
I returned to the default kernel because of the power-saving issue.
Am waiting for a free solution for the default kernel.
Read up little on the Power-kernel. It will acctually save battery for you if you do it right. For me normally the battery last between 30-48h. And could probably make it last longer..

i was having the same problem battery died way faster.. without even using mobilehotspot..

and for me joikuspot works best.. but i dont like that it is limited to 11mbps

I think 11 mbps is the fastest the N900 can get with HSPA+..

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on May 2010 @ U.K ,Reading
joikuspot premium i have the file

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on May 2010 @ U.K ,Reading
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
what is and how do you get hspa/?

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
really?? grrr thats wack!! lol

i want it to go faster ..

and i still cant connect to my ps3 because it is adhoc and not regular wifi

anyone offer any help?

Originally Posted by mokkey View Post
joikuspot premium i have the file
i have it tooo lol

the repo.. and install instructions