Active Topics

Originally Posted by roger_27 View Post
yeah when I had my N80, it was a big thing around the community, the ones made in the asian factory (think it was china?) broke down easier than the ones made from the finland factory
Spot on Mate China made goods are no good PERIOD! They tend to fail much easier for some apparent reason...

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Ii thought all N900 are made in Korea? Atleast mine is made in Korea though, which is better than made China lol.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by gianni_mar View Post
mine is "made at home"
My N900 is made in my bed

Mine designed in finland, made in korea...

Im damn sure my previous N900 was NOT designed in Finland.. It was Korea..

Originally Posted by emeni View Post
all of them are made in Korea.
OP why aren't you actually searching before posting, this has been discussed over and over again.
mostly everything could be found by searching on google.. whats the use of the forum then??

Posts: 577 | Thanked: 699 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malta
Mine says: Designed in Finland; Made in Saturn

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by UNderworld View Post
Mine designed in finland, made in korea...

Im damn sure my previous N900 was NOT designed in Finland.. It was Korea..
They are all designed in Finland.

Check out this eBay listing scroll down to the bottom and see where this N900 is manufactured LOL is it a FAKE ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NOKIA-N900-New...ht_6357wt_1165

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mumbai, India and Amherst, USA (Current Location)
Designed in Finland and made in Korea here too.

^^
Doesn;t look like fake. I have seen "Made by Nokia" written on my previous phones.

The Following User Says Thank You to resplendent2209 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Mine made in Korea as stated on the box. However, I see that majority of the posts misunderstood the word 'Made in X' means. It could be 'assemble in Korea', 'packaging in Korea', or even worse 'registered in Korea'.

To qualify the 'Made in' label, at least 70% (the number might vary for different products and for different districts) of COST in production is contributed in that place. That's to say, I could outsource 90% of the parts to other third world countries and 10% assembling works in Korea, as long as that 10% contribute 70% of the cost, it can still be qualified as 'Made in Korea'.

If you're really worrying about having bought a device made in under-developed countries, you can dissemble it and check the part no. of individual parts. However, I can assure that majority of the electronic devices are made and assemble in some third world countries you've never visited, especially those marked with 'Made in EU'. XD