Active Topics

Originally Posted by steev182 View Post
I don't think there are enough threads like these.

I've had my N900 for about a month now, and would just like to say it is the best phone I've had.

It's nearly replaced my netbook for Skype calls to the US and randomly surfing the internet.

I can do manual rsyncs to my home server and get new music and video onto the device. Not to mention I don't have to convert my video files! (Extra WIN)
Couldn't agree more. Plus all the awesome emulators we have now!
________
BLACK GANGBANG

Last edited by nax3000; 2011-03-18 at 12:33.

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
I completely agree with the topic's title.
The N900 is the best phone I've ever had! And, for that matter, it isn't really a 'phone', because the phone became really just an application. This is a mobile computer, and it really feels good.

Tho be honest, it's good to have this thread, I've had enough from the "worst phone" types and all the MeeGo moaning. I don't really care about that. If they manage to fix all the bugs, and the MeeGo applications will really be backwards compatible, that is already very good news.

N900 FTW!

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Its the best phone ever!!

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
^drunk? Where are your 'lumias'?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
GALAXY NOTE IS THE BEST PHONE I EVER HAD. Soon galaxy note II

Still n900 is fun. But not the best. Not even close.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-08-20 at 06:52.

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
N900 .. "the best phone you ever had"??!
really? the N900? as a phone?

The N900 is a mediocre phone. It excells on everything else though.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 172 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Forest of Dean, England.
Although I dont have my N900 anymore, I miss it. There were functions on it I havent seen on any other device. Not only that but radio sensitivity was superb - it would get a signal in places that none of my other devices would and pick up more wifi networks than any other mobile too.

It would record calls, both sides of conversations. Very few devices do that so easily and nicely.

However, in terms of apps it struggles. My most used apps are Gmail, Twitter, Facebook, a voip app by Acrobits and a podcast app called Downcast. Give me all that and I probably would go back lol.

I could live with the lower screen res, the sometimes hesitant performance (even my 4S hesitates, especially running beta), but I cant live with the lack of Apps and although I genuinely miss the keyboard and the freedom / openness of Maemo, I cant go back without important apps.

Its a great shame that Nokia gave up on what I think was their best OS and best form factor/design for a device. I think a 900S, something with dual core, better camera and a bit slimmer would have been awesome.

PICTURES TAKEN WITH MY N900

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thebtman For This Useful Post:
It's definitely not the best phone, but it's the best micro computer ever made--I put up with the poor phone features every day only for this reason.

The Following User Says Thank You to ch88xy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
I Got the N900 two years ago. Sold the n900 a year later ive owned the following after it

Sammy Galaxy 1 Sold
N9 Sold
Iphone4 Sold
N900 Kept
Samsung S2 Sold
N9 Sold
Samsung S3 Sold
N9 Sold
N900 Current Device and loving it

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ port harcourt
No offense to anyone but I dont know if english is sounding like swahili to some people..the OP said '"N900, best I've ever had...He's not saying it's the best phone out there but the best he has had based on his day to day needs..We should learn to understand a message before posting...Its a +1 for me too cuz its the best damn phone I've ever had...