Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Technical geeks are a (growing) small subsection of humanity.

We don't run the world (yet).
Doubtful that geeks could run the world. They'd fall out and fracture things over something trivial - like RPM vs. DEB for instance, they both are for installing stuff - and compete with each other.

Every geek has that thought that their way is the best way.

Originally Posted by rash.m2k View Post
Am I wrong in my assessment? That is the 1 simple reason why the iPhone is popular, because it make stupid people think they are clever.

Perhaps overly simplistic view, but nonetheless true.
simplicity is the key to design - if it's easier to use and gets the job done, than it is better. from the engineering perspective, you are actually saying the iphone is a better phone.

as a proud n900 owner, i like the potential the phone offers, but neither will i deny the fact that the iphone has a bigger community... to me, the iphone is a fun phone, N900 is a techie's phone.

in comparison, if i walk 2 mins to the store instead of driving there in a 7 speed superturbocharged car makes me a dumb guy?!

there is a big misconception out there that the iphone is a competitor to other cell phone smart or otherwise

the iphone is for apple users like a dyna-glide is for harley people. its has its own subculture that defies common logic. Ill leave it at that

Im not an apple person. they dont have anything I want or need.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
IMHO there is a big misconception that iPhone is a smartphone. Most iPhone users I know replaced their dumbphone with an iPhone. Smartphone users usually don't change to iPhone because it's not really a smartphone. It's a damn good dumbphone IMHO.

Tags
haha