Active Topics

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
I've noticed that easiest way to recover from the freeze is press fullscreen button once, then it recovers, then back again to get to fullscreen mode.

Posts: 503 | Thanked: 267 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by nanokool View Post
The Mplayer media player (Hangs on playback)
(as an aside, this player plays the same videos I play on my 770, no transcribing needed)
Does the latest version of MPlayer still hang on playback (mplayer_1.0rc1-maemo.10)? I thought that at least this problem was resolved already.

The hanging is fixed in the latest MPlayer, at least for me. Playback is smooth, except that tearing is much more visible in mplayer

Posts: 832 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Phoenix, AZ
Don't forget to comment and vote on the bug!

Originally Posted by howardcb View Post
I had the same problem with DVD Catalyst & the N800 so I emailed tech support, but they were not able to fix the problem. For now, I use DVD Catalyst on DVDs to create an intermediate file on my PC, and then run media converter (from the mameo garage) to get files for the N800. Sometimes they play OK, and sometimes they don't. I usually break the movies into chapters, so each file is short.

Howard

I had the same problem, and tech support for DVD Catalyst was unable to fix it (although he was very nice and tried to help by offering several solutions). Upgrading to Nokia's latest OS did not help. I'm trying to use Media Converter 1.3, but I can't figure out how you get the TV program on DVD into a format that can be recognized when dragged into the "Select Files For Conversion" field. Has anyone figured out how to do this efficiently?

Has anyone tried MediaStudio 4.0 for Nokia? It claims to rapidly convert DVD's to the Nokia 800.

Here's the URL: http://www.makayama.com/dvdtonokia.html

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
I believe the problem where videos would hang in Media Player is now fixed in the latest 3.2007.10-7 firmware.

Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
I believe the problem where videos would hang in Media Player is now fixed in the latest 3.2007.10-7 firmware.

Unfortunately, I have installed the latest firmware, and am still having the same problems.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
I'm fairly sure I've seen posts suggesting that videso were no longer hanging, however if you still experience videso hanging with the new firmware then you should add a comment to bug #991 which deals with this problem.

I'll be getting my n800 this week- has this problem been fixed for most people with the new firmware?