yeah i knew most of that stuff but someone told me i had to type sudo mc to get root in mc. But i figured it out and everything works finde now.

greetings and goodnight

donsaibot

Can someone tell me how to change the color swiped area?

I'm using the Melody Theme and i would prefer green instead of blue.

I guess just painting it green won't do the trick because i don't think its a .png file. Must be something else .

I changed to lock screen background and created my own png based on the nice instructions in this thread. I have also noticed that there is a thread about providing some useful information on the lock screen (e.g. next calendar event, last sms, etc).

I came to thinking that python can be used to automatically generate a png file with content. Python can also be used to read information from N900.

So how about a program which, based on determined events (time, call, etc) creates a new png image, which includes some information on the event. Thus having kind of "dynamic" wallpaper.

I could imagine a png file taking few seconds to generate, and the program only generates the png file if in standby. This way we could have some dynamic information also on the lock screen, even though it would only be in form of the background image.

Any comments?

Yka

I'm having problem with changing lockslider stuff.
I'm using GPE file manager and I get to folder where I should be but anything I try gives me Access Denied error.
Also I have no clue what SSH is that someone mentioned :/

What should I do?

Originally Posted by No_LiMiT View Post
I'm having problem with changing lockslider stuff.
I'm using GPE file manager and I get to folder where I should be but anything I try gives me Access Denied error.
Also I have no clue what SSH is that someone mentioned :/

What should I do?
Anyone? Seems so simple yet I can't think of it

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by No_LiMiT View Post
Anyone? Seems so simple yet I can't think of it
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...&highlight=ssh

i want to use a jpeg for this background...i see someone has put the directory of that png file...but i need help on how to replace it via xterm...i want to replace the alpha theme png with my own jpeg...please help on directions via xterm

Hi,

I've found 2 package of image for change the locker screen:

1) PACMAN

can download it from http://forum.hdblog.it/showthread.php?t=7398

2) Lock Slider Black Wave on Grey

download from: http://biggzyn80.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2rw1dc

Guide (from second link):

Extract the files and put the lockslider.png image in usr/share/themes/YOUR THEME/backgrounds

The .png images from the icons folder go in usr/share/themes/YOUR THEME/images

Also includes the matching wallpaper pack.

Reboot the system

Bye

Last edited by shutdown; 2010-08-26 at 10:34.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shutdown For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
you can't change the screen. hopefully one day there would be improvements to that screen so you can have your own background as well as details of missed calls and received messages.
When you say "details of missed calls and received messages", do you mean like this:

Name:  lock-screen-screenshot.jpg
Views: 1524
Size:  22.6 KB

Or did you mean further details than just the existence and number of the messages?

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 61 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Shoreham
Originally Posted by twaelti View Post
To change your background image on the lock screen, edit the following file:
  • /usr/share/themes/alpha/backgrounds/lockslider.png (if you use the default blue theme "alpha") OR
  • /usr/share/themes/beta/backgrounds/lockslider.png (if you use the alternate brown/orange theme "beta")
Additionally, if you want to edit the look of the swiper itself, you can find the graphics elements in the /usr/share/themes/alpha/images folder, filenames "LockSlider*.png"

The easiest way to do this is probably to install the SSH server on your N900, then login via SFTP from your desktop, download the file, edit it locally using your favorite paint program and finally re-upload it. Then reboot.

At least that's what I did right now on my PR1.1, adding my owner information as a line of text along the bottom of the screen. Won't win design award, but works

(tip for beginners - keep a backup copy of the file before wrecking anything...)
This is by far the easiest way once you have learned the ssh and scp commands.

I still find this site very useful for commands and syntax http://ss64.com/