Notices

Originally Posted by Mixu View Post
Ran cleanup (0.1.8-maemo3) again, installed Canola 2.0.0-maemo1 and Tuning plugin 0.2.3-maemo2. Still same ****.

I'm not familiar with Linux so could someone kindly give any hints where to find some Canola log files or something where I could check what goes wrong?

Or is there any other good, working, media player for N810? I checked Canola bug tracker and it looks like the Canola project has been dead for one year (no comments, no assignments). I really liked Canola but for some weird reason this bug annoys me quite much. I guess it worked so well before that my expectations are very high.
You can open up xterm and run 'canola -vvv' and redirect the output to a log file.

Have you tried installing the flickr plugin to see if that brings the tuning plugin back to life ?

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Tampere, Finland
Originally Posted by stl1859 View Post
You can open up xterm and run 'canola -vvv' and redirect the output to a log file.

Have you tried installing the flickr plugin to see if that brings the tuning plugin back to life ?
I tried Canola with Flickr plugin and it didn't do anything. I couldn't find any extra menus or anything (although I have to confess that I haven't used Canola for photo viewing so I might have missed it).

I ran Canola with -vvv switch but I don't know how to redirect the output to a file. '> filename' only produced empty file and output still came to console. If someone could give more help for Linux beginner? Thank you!

I tried Canola with Flickr plugin and it didn't do anything. I couldn't find any extra menus or anything (although I have to confess that I haven't used Canola for photo viewing so I might have missed it).

I ran Canola with -vvv switch but I don't know how to redirect the output to a file. '> filename' only produced empty file and output still came to console. If someone could give more help for Linux beginner? Thank you!
So if you install canola, then the tuning plugin, and then the flickr plugin, and then restart canola and go to Settings (icon on the bottom right corner) ->Media Library - you do not see the "Cover art and thumbnails" option ?

Actually - i should have mentioned - you need to redirect stderr - so you need to do '2>' - something like 'canola -vvv 2> canola.log'

If this continues to be a problem, I suggest that you post the logfile to the bug report that I already opened => https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5951

Last edited by stl1859; 2009-11-06 at 19:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to stl1859 For This Useful Post:
So if you install canola, then the tuning plugin, and then the flickr plugin, and then restart canola and go to Settings (icon on the bottom right corner) ->Media Library - you do not see the "Cover art and thumbnails" option ?

Actually - i should have mentioned - you need to redirect stderr - so you need to do '2>' - something like 'canola -vvv 2> canola.log'

If this continues to be a problem, I suggest that you post the logfile to the bug report that I already opened => https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5951
Yes, I don't see that menu. There's only two menus - Media folders and Multiple album entries.

Now I got the output to a file. Thanks! It seems that my problem is different than yours. Download manager, Tuning, Flickr, Photocast and many more are not loaded because module named _md5t is missing

Code:
1257537972.4387 DBG_E plugin_manager:163:_load_plugins() [No module named _md5] while loading plugin 'Canola Tuning Model', skipping it ...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "python-terra/core/plugin_manager.py", line 160, in _load_plugins
  File "python-terra/core/plugin_manager.py", line 103, in load
  File "python-terra/core/module_loader.py", line 52, in load
  File "canola-tuning/tuning/model.py", line 32, in <module>
  File "canola-tuning/tuning/backend.py", line 35, in <module>
  File "canola-tuning/tuning/tuning_manager.py", line 29, in <module>
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/md5.py", line 6, in <module>
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/hashlib.py", line 133, in <module>
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/hashlib.py", line 60, in __get_builtin_constructor
ImportError: No module named _md5
I will post the complete log file to bug report later. (BTW. I went to Garage bug tracker from Canola's web site previously. That's why it looked totally dead. My bad!)

you are correct - I have not seen that error before. However it appears to be a very common error, and has something to do with your python installation . Unfortunately I do not know much more than that - hopefully some python experts will be able to chime in and help

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Well application manager has a complete hissy fit when I try to upgrade. Loathed to uninstall Canola and start again if I have to go through the tedium of setting up podcasts url's & account details again. Current version slow but works. I'm waiting until the deb packages are back to normal stability.

Does someone have any idea what to do with my Python installation? Or is it really so that I'm the only one having this exact problem?

See my previous message

Does someone have any idea what to do with my Python installation? Or is it really so that I'm the only one having this exact problem?

See my previous message
I have the same problem with the same python error. Anybody got the key for that?

What version of python do you have installed ?

What version of python do you have installed ?
I have Python 2.5.2. What about Symyon?