Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by Serge
So providing a link to some video sample with this problem at mplayer garage trackers may help to investigate it (well, I think, I'm asking this a third time already with no reaction, does it mean that people are not that much interested in a correct audio sync even without manually tweaking it? ).
I will email you a short sample as soon as I get my 770 back from a friend. Unfortunately that may be a day or two.

I think audio/video un-sync'ed really detracts from any serious use of the 770 to watch recorded TV. It kills the experience. I don't know why you're not getting much interest in this subject but I'm not even trying to stream. FYI I'm doing Slingbox to At Large Recorder WMV to the AVI 770 which I would have though would be a common application. Mplayer is much better than the 770 client though -- which is unusable. When I get a moment I'm going to mess around with the manual settings mentioned earlier. Thanks for those. I can post some video, but I can't figure out how to do it.

Last edited by Patnet; 2006-11-06 at 19:59.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
I would appreciate if you could send me a file that you are having problems with. I take it that you are having problems in the conversion with media converter. Have you tried opening the converted file in your main computer? Does that have loss of sync as well?

If you can record a short clip and send it to me, it would be wonderfull. My email is urho.konttori@gmail.com

Hey Konttori, I'm trying to send you a sample, but I now can't get Media Converter 1.2 to work. It's creating empty files. I installed Windows Media Player 11 and due to incompatability with Napster have rolled back to WM10. Other changes to my machine is IE7.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
So, I guess Media Converter Was working, but after you installed WMP 11, it's no longer working. Interesting, although sounds a bit odd. Are you trying to convert WMV files then? Have you tried converting other files (like a random divx or something)?

Anyway, send me an example file and I'll try to see what's up.

Thanks I've sent the empty file. I've not tried to convert anything other than WMV.

Hey Konttori, did you get it?