Active Topics

Originally Posted by gviterbo View Post
This is awesome!

* Allow you to have a (small) image in place of the logo. What's the pixel size of the picture? Thanks!
Has this feature been included in the current version? It's impressive as-is, but this would make it even more impressive.

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Chennai,India
nice widget thnkx man
pls do release the updated one which has image support

Last edited by arjunkumar87; 2010-03-11 at 13:54.

The Following User Says Thank You to arjunkumar87 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by rariss View Post
Although if I may suggest something, would it be possible to have the option to let the custom operator name display only when one is in their home network and not roaming?
I'm not sure how to check for this. If I figure it out, I know I'd have no way of being able to test for it...

Originally Posted by Death Scythe View Post
Has this feature been included in the current version? It's impressive as-is, but this would make it even more impressive.
Personally, I'd like to see how the normal operator applet does it but I don't have a way for forcing it to do so as my network doesn't show a logo...

Nevertheless, I could do my own implementation of it, I guess.

Originally Posted by devildriven View Post
Indeed! See i told you i was incompetent. Thanks for the reply!

Ok so i tried that in X terminal and it read...

rm:invalid option -- /
Busybox v1.10.2 (Debian 3:1.10.2.legal-losso26+0m5) multi-call binary

Usage: rm [option]... FILE...

Is this basically giving me the option to delete the file? If so how would i do that?

Sorry for the noobishness i'm still trying to get my head around the way the OS functions. Any reply or help would be greatly appreciated!
Hiya,

What exactly are you typing?
It should be
Code:
rm -f /home/user/.cache/launch/com.nokia.controlpanel.pvr
exactly. It sounds like you're typing "rm - /home/user/.cache/launch/com.nokia.controlpanel.pvr" (missing the 'f') but I can't be certain.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
I'm not sure how to check for this. If I figure it out, I know I'd have no way of being able to test for it...
I guess one crude way would be to grab the current operator name text when the widget is first installed, then compare that text with the current operator name periodically. You would probably need to allow the user to edit this text, in case they weren't in their home area when they first installed the widget, or if their operator name changes.

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Dubai
Originally Posted by rariss View Post
Although if I may suggest something, would it be possible to have the option to let the custom operator name display only when one is in their home network and not roaming?
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
Hopefully somebody a little more knowledgeable will chime in with exact details but I believe the phone itself can tell when it is roaming or not (via signal from network operator maybe?) because on almost all phones you can turn off certain features when roaming. e.g. mms retrieval and data connections

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Tricase, Lecce (ITA)
can you work on this app to port multilanguage?

I can translate all voice in italian Language if you want

The name of the apps for example could be translate in "Nome del Gestore telefonico" or "Personaliz. Nome Gestore telefonico".

thanks thousand and compliments for the Great Apps!

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Dubai
Hiya!

I dont mean to try a beat a dead horse but...

Since PR1.2, the data counter now separates the home network data from the roaming data.
This means that the N900 is able to identify when it is roaming or not (somehow).

Therefore I would like to renew my request for having the option to set the custom operator name to show only while one is on their home network as I feel it would help several people out.

Thanks

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rariss For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I'm not sure if this is the right place or if it has been suggested before, but it would be nice if it could display the IM status message
________
WEB SHOWS

Last edited by qwazix; 2011-08-21 at 10:39.

I'm often on roaming and with this app I don't know if I am already on different operator network. Would it be possible to ad a turn on turn off button in the app? the option with displaying the tuned name only on home network as you wrote would be difficoult so just turning the app off for a while would help me a lot!

Last edited by fw190; 2010-07-03 at 19:30.

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Planet Earth for now!
Originally Posted by Death Scythe View Post
I just thought of posting that same idea,and maybe even have it as banner sign with scrolling letters!
that wood be nicer.