Originally Posted by qole View Post
Your problem isn't with the HID bluetooth profile, your problem is with pairing a bluetooth device with your N900. You should be able to pair the mouse with the N900 just like with other devices, entering the PIN code, etc.

It probably just has to do with the order that you're doing things. Just keep trying...

Can you pair other devices, like a keyboard?

(EDIT: I have successfully paired my stowaway keyboard with the N900 after a few tries, but I haven't tried a mouse.)
I read a review on Nokia Experts that only the letters functioned on the BT keyboard they used, not the numbers. Did you try the number row?

Thanks!

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ France
Originally Posted by toninikkanen View Post
If someone can confirm they got a certain brand and type of mouse to work I guess I could shop around on eBay or somewhere if I find one for cheap.. ?
Here are my 2 cents - I tried to get my N900 to pair with a logitech V470 mouse ( http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mi.../3287&cl=us,en ).

The good news is that it pairs with the N900 with no problems after having modified the bluetooth profile config file (http://wiki.maemo.org/Fremantle_Unsu...tooth_profiles) and after typing 0000 for the bluetooth code.

The bad news is that it doesn't seem to function with anything - I tried it with the browser after having made the cursor/pointer appear and I also tried it within Debian LXDE. Once paired, moving the bluetooth mouse seem to do something since the cursor responds by either moving instantly to the edge of the screen or disappearing however it's not at all coherent with the motion made by the mouse and is therefore useless as a pointing device.
I'm disappointed since I was wanting to turn my N900 into an X-windows station (bluetooth keyboard, mouse and VGA output !)

Has anyone confirmed that it's possible to connect both a bluetooth keyboard AND mouse at the same time?

-=AC=-

The Following User Says Thank You to AloxeCorton For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
this is bad news, can anyone else confirm that the mouse pointer movement is or isn't correct? If it isn't correct, we need to reopen that bug.

I will try it with my Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 as soon as I will get my N900.

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Hi! after tweaking my n900 bluetooth config file i got my logitech bluetooth mouse to pair succesfully and connected, but it really does not work. i tried with Q3A and cursor moves but it just goes fast from side to side. so maybe little more tweaking it could be possible to actually use it?

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Fremantle, W. Australia
Originally Posted by qole View Post
this is bad news, can anyone else confirm that the mouse pointer movement is or isn't correct? If it isn't correct, we need to reopen that bug.
I can. Generic mouse pairs, connects, and acts just as AloxeCorton described. Scroll wheel makes screen vibrate as if clicked.

The Following User Says Thank You to myk For This Useful Post:
For you that say that the cursor just goes fast from side to side: try to move it very slowly. I tried with MS BT Mouse 5000 and I managed to get the cursor moving just where I wanted, it just had to be done very slowly and cautiosly. The mouse buttons or the wheel didn't do anything for me, but I can imagine that it woudln't be a very big issue for someone who really can do the coding to get this to work?

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
hmm, could it be that the screen registers as a mouse, and they have basically maxed out the sensitivity setting?

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tso View Post
hmm, could it be that the screen registers as a mouse, and they have basically maxed out the sensitivity setting?
Anyone got an idea where I could change that setting? I could try if that changes anything.

The Following User Says Thank You to Noma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 308 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Turkiye
so...
cant we cheat microsoft mouse to connect direct to a maemo device n900 or n810