Originally Posted by qole View Post
Yes it has a receiver as well. Just no app that uses it yet.

I hope someone makes an app that takes audio from the mic and pumps it out through the FM transmitter. It will turn the N900 into a wireless microphone.
When I was a child, we called this "Mr. Microphone".

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JayBomb999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
I hope someone makes an app that takes audio from the mic and pumps it out through the FM transmitter. It will turn the N900 into a wireless microphone.
Or, if you get the input from, say, twitter, then hook it up to flite and the FM transmitter and BAM - the wireless twitterphone is born !

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
The possibilities are finite! Hahaha

}:^D~

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by Capt'n Corrupt View Post
It would be fun to have this via wifi as well. Which raises an interesting question...

Are there any 'discovery' servers available for maemo? For example, discovering a device on a local network and potentially the services that it's open to. This would be a useful little project.

}:^)~
The interesting thing is that Maemo 5 uses PulseAudio. Which, in theory, should be able to transmit / receive audio over TCP/IP. So theoretically, a "Mister WiFi Microphone" is also possible...

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
For realz..

I like the idea of auto-connection based on proximity. I vaguely recall something like this before, but my memory is fuzzy.

For example, your N900 alerts people that are on your network (or can be polled by people on your network) that you have certain apps authorized for connections ie. the 'Mister WiFi Mic', a web server, an FM stream on a certain frequency, a chat, etc, etc, etc.

{:^)~

Originally Posted by JayBomb999 View Post
@colbalt917

Thank you for the extremely thorough explanation of 87.9 MHz.

So, I think you would agree that the N900 having the ability to broadcast on this frequency would be fantastic. Well, at least for Americans.
Haha, no problem. It was better than doing work. ;-)

But yes, the punchline is that you should get pretty good reception on 87.9MHz on most non-crappy radios (especially in cars which have to have pretty decent radios to work at all while moving).

If you don't, I'd recommend radio-locator.com's unused frequency finder at http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/vacant. It's pretty slick.

The Following User Says Thank You to cobalt917 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Yes it has a receiver as well. Just no app that uses it yet.

Yeah, my idea was to have the phone (well, any audio from the N900) be able to route through the FM transmitter as well.

Tim

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Guitar -> mic in -> FM transmit -> Radio -> processing -> amp

or even better

Guitar -> mic in -> PulseAudio -> guitar rig -> amp

Wireless baby! I can finally run around the audience scarring away the guests! And I can use my wiimote setup to have a fully wirless guitar / dynamic foot pedal! YEAH!!!!

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by timsamoff View Post
Yeah, my idea was to have the phone (well, any audio from the N900) be able to route through the FM transmitter as well.
It already can do that

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by JayBomb999 View Post
Anyone know if the N900 can broadcast at 87.9MHz?
No, it starts at 88.0 MHz.
This sucks as I'm currently using 87.6 MHz with very good experience in my area with my 3rd party FM transmitter and the N810.