Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
one of two options:

1. a option for the center dpad or other button to download the current zoom level on press.

2. a download system that can be initiated via keypress, then use zoom keys to select desired zoom level, then same key pressed again to download the area that was in view before entering said mode, at desired zoom level.

right now one have to enter menus and dialogs on each download...

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Brasilia, Brazil
Originally Posted by gnuite View Post
Does this mean you can't download routes or POI, either?
The same for me here in Brazil. No access to www.gnuite.com.

Posts: 151 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Sep 2006 @ Mexico City, Mexico
Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
The same for me here in Brazil. No access to www.gnuite.com.
Woow. ! thanks Francisco. I tought I was the only crazy one with a prolific imagination that I couldn't access gnuite.com !

It is weird no one else has reported this. It has happened to me since some time ago now... (I can't precisely mention a date, but for sure several months now).

Cheers from Mexico City.

The Following User Says Thank You to febb For This Useful Post:
I've tried to do the upgrade, but it repeatedly says the download is corrupted and can't be installed. Any suggestions?

Just did update Maemo Mapper to v 2.5.

It seems that with this version it a takes much longer to download new map tiles.

Before, with v 2.4.x, when zooming into an area where no map tiles had been donwloaded yet, the "processing maps" (or whatever it is called) popup came up, download did start and cpu load did go up.
At about the same time the new map data was visible in full resolution, also the the progress indicator in the info popup did reach 100% and the CPU load was going down again.

Now with 2.5 the behaviour is a bit different. When downloading new map tiles, all new tiles are visible at full resolution when the "processing maps" progress indicator reaches about 30%. This is taking roughly the same time it took with previous versions to download new tiles.
Then the progress indicator for ~10 seconds is going through the other ~70% without any further visible changes to the diplayed map. During this time the CPU ist still maxed out, so further panning or zooming is almost impossbile.

Any idea what might be the problem here?

Map repositories installed: Openstreetmap, Google Street, Google Satelite, VE Street, VE Satelite, VE Hybrid, Yahoo Street, Yahoo Satelite.

this issue affects all maps.

I'm not using the new layers feature and I didn't change any settings after updating to 2.5.

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Brasilia, Brazil
Originally Posted by dwforslund View Post
I've tried to do the upgrade, but it repeatedly says the download is corrupted and can't be installed. Any suggestions?
This occurred to me by first try. When I tried again it installed without error.

The Following User Says Thank You to Francisco For This Useful Post:
I am exactly the same problem with the "febb" and "Francisco".

I also live in Brazil as Francisco.

Already created several threads to try to resolve this problem, but never managed any kind of response that would help.

I thought was crazy, but I'm realizing that there are other users with the same problems.

What's happening is that? .. Have solution?

HELP!!!

Thanks.

Last edited by Cprocida; 2008-10-13 at 13:30.

Gnuite,

Do you have any idea of what may be happening and can help us?

Thanks.

Works great on OS2007. However, I see that the About page still says 2.4.2.. but I'm definitely running the 2.5 version, the layers are there.

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Long Island
Febb and Francisco, what is your IP subnetwork? i.e. your first 3 parts of your IP address.
10.10.10.xxx, assuming your mask is 255.255.255.0.

There must be some filtering on the gnuite.com server that is refusing connections to certain IP addresses.

Tags
layers, maemo mapper