Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by Nitesky View Post
I seem to have a Big problem. I hotsynced and now I have lost the use of Garnet gvm. So I uninstalled and reinstalled several times. Garnet is gone and all I get is the message Can't connect to GVM error 0x300400000. Does anyone know whats wrong or what I can do?
Reboot. You are running several versions of GVM simultaneously.
Click only Once.

bun

Am I missing something? I don't know how to make it display portrait mode. How do I rotate the screen, please?

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Halifax, NS
I seem to have a Big problem. I hotsynced and now I have lost the use of Garnet gvm. So I uninstalled and reinstalled several times. Garnet is gone and all I get is the message Can't connect to GVM error 0x300400000. Does anyone know whats wrong or what I can do?
I presume you reformatted the storage file? Try going into /usr/bin/gvm/gvm.conf and changing the device ID. Just comment out the gvm_ one

You can check in here for a whole list: https://pdnet.palm.com/regac/pdn/Pal...8h-source.html

I used H103 before and it seemed to work.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BoxOfSnoo For This Useful Post:
Funny:
This new beta version is set to expire in 2 days, May 31, 2008. Is this a joke?

The full portrait res is nice and the added ToDo is a plus. BUT syncing still does not work.

I also hotsynced for the first time with my existing Palm TX setup which has loads of apps and data. It errored out and when I looked at the log it said the device might be full. Since I kept all my apps and data on the internal memory of the Palm (128mb if I remember correctly) the N810 should easily be able to hold them all.

In my case I could still use Garnet but none of my Palm apps showed up.

Did you look at the log of your sync?

Anyome know where the installed Palm apps are stored on the N810?

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Halifax, NS
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
No book reader running at less than 800x480 is worth discussing.
Well, not with YOU, anyway.

The Following User Says Thank You to BoxOfSnoo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by 46jimbo View Post
Am I missing something? I don't know how to make it display portrait mode. How do I rotate the screen, please?
Start Garnet. (Don't start an application)
Settings button (bottom right)
Display: Start Mode: Portrait fullscreen

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Hotsync works perfectly without a glitch on 770/2008He, N800/2008OS, N810/2008OS. It sync address, ToDo, Datebook.

I just installed an old version of PAC-MAN and running full screen, on my 770/2008He. It works like a champ! Anybody interested in a copy, just PM me. Yup, the original PAC-MAN.

Somebody asked how to get into full screen mode. Settings>Start mode: pick Landscape fullscreen and Save. Now run your apps, it will start on fullscreen mode.

bun

Originally Posted by dfinch View Post
I also hotsynced for the first time with my existing Palm TX setup which has loads of apps and data. It errored out and when I looked at the log it said the device might be full. Since I kept all my apps and data on the internal memory of the Palm (128mb if I remember correctly) the N810 should easily be able to hold them all.
64MB seems to be max limit which you select in Settings. I installed a Palm program FIlemanager to double check this and it showed 64MB RAM total.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pushwall For This Useful Post:
bunanson
Thank you a million I never would have thought of that very basic step... but you did and you saved me from myself!! All is once again well again with the world!

Tags
garnet, palm