Active Topics

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by jolouis View Post
Also just picked up one of those blue tooth laser keyboards, so I'm hoping that with the upcomming new email client I'll get some better email use out of it.
Bad plan. Return that garbage ASAP. There is nothing worse than a laser keyboard.

Get yourself an iGo Stowaway if you need a keyboard.

Originally Posted by jolouis View Post
I use mine as a home automation controller/front end. Controls my alarm panel, lighting (insteon devices), thermostat, and of course mythTV boxes. Also fantastic as a SIP phone (OS 2008 SIP is AMAZING... sound quality is better than my Cisco business sets!), IM (thank you RTCOMM update) and media player. I also use it to control my Jeep. (Well, technically it's just controlling the openWRT mp3 player in the Jeep, but there's nothing quite as cool as pulling out your N800, connecting to a wifi AP named "Jeep" and using it to control the tunes and setup playlists/etc).
What do you use for home automation? The orbiter project?
Thanks.

Last edited by bluehash; 2008-01-21 at 18:19.

I use mine most of the time just as an internet browser, as a truck driver with limited storage its alot easier than a laptop, as a music & movie player though more of a novelty with those two... at least till I get the a2dp working
also as a gadget to see how many people I can get to ask, what kind of phone is that?

Posts: 213 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Detroit, MI
also as a gadget to see how many people I can get to ask, what kind of phone is that?
Ha Ha! People ask me that all the time! It just goes to show you how mobile this world has become.

Besides the usual email, internet browsing and music player i use it a lot for reading articles/books/manuals, is good to have something small in the lab that i can carry around and place anywhere. I'm working now to keep some references and calculators as web pages (tell me what you think).