Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by sparkle58 View Post
If I can get the lirc config file for the remote, there is no reason why not

Cheers, will do. I'll have play around and get back to you.
That would be nice to have an another remote conrol for the alpha users. I have Sony A700 and would love to use it with my N900.

Posts: 161 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Edinburgh
I can't upgrade to 0.5.0-11.
Get:1 http://repository.maemo.org fremantle/free pykake 0.5.0-11 [939kB]
Fetched 939kB in 2s (453kB/s)
(Reading database ... 29028 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace pykake 0.5.0-8 (using .../pykake_0.5.0-11_all.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement pykake ...
dpkg: warning - old post-removal script returned error exit status 141
dpkg - trying script from the new package instead ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/pykake_0.5.0-11_all.deb (--unpack):
there is no script in the new version of the package - giving up
Processing triggers for catorise ...
################################################## ##################################Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/pykake_0.5.0-11_all.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
/home/user #

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mivoligo View Post
I can't upgrade to 0.5.0-11.
Ok, this was something, I scared, but also something I previously warn. There was some post remove errors in versions 0.5.0-7 to 0.5.0-10, and only way to get rid of them was to re-flash the device. This was fixed in 0.5.0-10. You may also try force update in X terminal, but you probably need to re-flash

The reason for these errors was in post-remove script which tryed to delete all config file addresses for pyKake from lircd.conf. There was something in it, which caused the error. I think I now know the problem which was line trying to reload lirc in it and if lirc is removed in part of remove(and it will, if pyKake is the only app which use it), that would cause the problems. Next version will (again) include post-remove script to test that scenario and because of that may cause the remove error, but that we will see, later today (so, when it is online, do not update to 0.5.0-12, it might cause some problems, I will post a note here, if it safe to install and remove).

The Following User Says Thank You to Yabba For This Useful Post:
Now, the version 0.5.0-12 is out, post remove script is now working perfectly as it should work and removing app was successful, so there is no longer need to re-flash the device or multiple remote inputs for pyKake in lircd.conf (there is also small cute patch script in pre install, to delete previous multilines, if there is). But then, the problem with restart of device, this is still lurking there and needs to be solved (if it can be). But except the reboot problem, I think this will be pretty much ready to Extras-testing.

The Following User Says Thank You to Yabba For This Useful Post:
Posts: 298 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
Why does none of the current programs support Sony?
My Sony A500 didnt come with any remote.

Originally Posted by Nokia 5700 View Post
Why does none of the current programs support Sony?
Because there is no Lirc config file for Sony remotes. I will promise to you, that as fast as I get the config file, I will add support for Sony too

There is now version 0.6.0-1 out! Most of its improvements are in code (I cleaned it up and arranged it). New in the visible side is a new help dialog (you can find it from menu) and note about (possible) needed restart, which will pop-up at the start (it can be checked out, if you don't need it). Because of these additions, there is also some changes in settings and menu, but rest of the application is same as it was. Oh, I also changed the default camera from Olympus to Canon

Then, this is the version which is going to Extras-testing (except if some big and ugly bug jumps up) and I will do the promotion tomorrow. So I will need those thumbs ups (or downs, if there is problems) then

Aaand I think that I will change the order of those pop-ups in first start before the promotion (I just tested the new install), so that the Notification pop-up will be the first and settings pop-up second (just to be so evil that it will force user to read that note at least once).

PyKake 0.6.0-2, promoted to extras-testing.

Posts: 161 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Edinburgh
Thumb up from me.

Interesting feature: when I choose bulb mode in PyKake and any mode other than bulb on the camera, I get continuous shooting.

hey i am also interested in this

i have a canon t1i / 500D

and it has not yet worked.

Does anyone know where remote config files are for canon?