I got mine from expansys.co.uk for a really good price!

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by efeinblatt View Post
Not sure you're correct, but maybe this needs clarification. I bought my - now dead - 64 GB N9 in NYC, but because it was a made-in-finland model, it had an EU guarantee. I assumed, from that experience, that any made in Finland model that is not locked to a service provider is an 'EU' model, which would make buying one from the Aussie sites OK if I could be sure to get said model. Please correct me if this is wrong.
Being made in Finland often means it's EU stock, i.e. sourced from an EU country, but that's not always the case.
There's countries outside the EU which get made in Finland phones, but they're "local stock", which means warranty's for that country/region.
If you buy from a retailer in Oz, they will know if they have Australian Stock or not (AFAIK it's usually made in China).
As you're going back to the EU, it makes more sense to source from an EU-based retailer, than a US-based one.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-03-19 at 08:27. Reason: typo

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
I'm not sure the EU warranty applies if not bought in/from the EU.

In any case, I would still disasemble the phone, unplug the battery, dry the phone with silicon gel. Total cost: 5$, total risk: 0$, potential savings: 500$.

The Following User Says Thank You to erendorn For This Useful Post: