I've just replaced the main flex with the spare part received from sparepart.dk. They are very professional, I've got my flex very neatly packed.

After replacing the flex, it still behaves the same.

So either it is the tiny flex on the slide mechanism or the touch screen or the main circuit.

Once I manage to make the screen fully operational, if I move a slider very gently (e.g to close it, while taking care not to disturb the touch screen), it switches to the offset mod. It looks like there is some interference that disturbs the touch readings from that point. The base of the sliding mechanism is grounded to the main board with two separate extensions (pins).

The sliding part itself should be grounded with the tiny flex. I've just confirmed that tiny flex does not ground two parts of the sliding mechanism any more.

There is a tiny magnet attached to the properly grounded part, which makes me wonder if the tiny flex is used to prevent interference, and/or more accurate resistance readings.

Any idea on how to ground both parts of sliding mechanism properly?

So far I am thinking about using torex bases to bring additional GND to the static part of sliding mechanism through torex itself.

The tiny flex seems to be glued on both ends. Any idea where can I find such replacement?

Last edited by momcilo; 2011-06-29 at 22:32.

The Following User Says Thank You to momcilo For This Useful Post:
After checking the connectivity of the tiny flex and inserting tiny piece of aluminium foil to connect both sides of slider mechanism, the behaviour remind the same.

With flex that was recently replaced there are only two options:
  • touchscreen
  • main board connector, or part of main board

I've decided gamble and replace the following parts:
  1. slider mechanism
  2. main flex (since it is glued to slide mechanism)
  3. touchscreen

Ordered parts from http://sparepart.dk

I've just received the replacement touch screen, replaced the old one, and my N810 is finally in working condition!!!