Active Topics

Posts: 140 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Earth
Originally Posted by skalogre View Post
Very astute observation!

Aparently so Any way i'm off to the BMW forum to tell them about my Mercedes

N900 - Use, Master, Appreciate.

Last edited by Astute; 2010-04-14 at 23:29.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Astute For This Useful Post:
Posts: 48 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United Kingdon
Maybe the N900 should come with a warning:

Not designed with noobs in mind??

A bit like the Yorkie advert......
(UK advert)

Seems this phone is being been mis-sold in the shops......

A mate of mine went into CFW and he is a complete technophobe. This guy has trouble powering his laptop up at work!

They tried selling him the N900.......

Originally Posted by openfone View Post
ear0wax: I know android will not be updated as often. new apps will certainly come out more often!
let me tell you about android apps. I wrote a bunch of them. I wrote a craigslist app entirely built because the browser didnt handle uploading pic to clist. I havent released an update to it in 6+ months. Its still the most useful and popular clist app in the market. I think you might be unpleasantly surprised by the number of piss poor apps the market contains.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
I have purchased the N900 because the iPhone has lost a lot of it's hackability! I used to use it for all kinds of mischief but it's unreliable for that kind of fun.. N900 should fix that problem! (I also have an Pandora on preorder, which I may cancel now that I have bought an N900)

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
Originally Posted by superg05 View Post
i did'nt think it was working that well but the desire has a 1ghz snapdragon
But with no dedicated GPU. try running full 3D games. n900 stock has 600MHz cpu and 430MHz gpu = 1030GHZ

well, he will be back, again just like sissy girl. . . he just want to get some attention.

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by openfone View Post
I posted this for a few reasons:

1. To vent
2. Maybe Nokia will see this and add 1 more to the list

jflatt: I know Andriod runs on Linux but at least it has a crap load of apps and is designed to be a phone.
People don't understand that this is a community website and not an official Nokia support website.. Go to discussions.nokia.com and post this there.. maybe, MAYBE someone at Nokia would see it and actually care..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by felbutss View Post
But with no dedicated GPU. try running full 3D games. n900 stock has 600MHz cpu and 430MHz gpu = 1030GHZ
Moreover if you overclock Cortex A8 to 800MHz and 500Mhz gpu it will be 1300MHZ!!!!

It always amuses me when I read tags of threads

Take a look....its true though

Regarding the thread I really understand how you feel but if you give up so easily I assume you do same with other things in your life which is bad

I'm glad to see his opinions on why it didn't work out. Hopefully it helps others make educated decisions before purchasing. I like to read a balance of "omg I love my 900 because of X Y Z" and "not for me and here's why".

On the Android note, I switched from Android to the N900. He is right that Android is more "developed" in that there is wider selection of apps/tools. While 90% suck, the 10% that don't are a huge number.

In my opinion, where Android fails, the N900 succeeds and vice versa. Too bad we can't smash 'em together and call it Meego .

The Following User Says Thank You to samuch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 60 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Philippines
Maybe he doesn't do or know more about 'Researching' of what he buys.

On my experience, N97 is more of a phone but it disappointed me (performance-wise).

But N900 is not focused on being a phone, but I easily get used to it!

Tags
bye bye black berty, fanboys gallery, fanboys galore, trolls go down better, __n gone