Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Battery meter http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=31279

(The graphics are already ready)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joppu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
liqtorch is already in extras-devel

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ gbg.se
Originally Posted by elimoon8 View Post
I've heard the Fremantle calendar doesn't currently sync to Google Calendar. ...
Not meaning to go OT, but does anyone know if this is true?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
Oh... you have no problem with your banking details and everything being accessable/stolen?

It's not that I don't like the idea. I just think it's *very* dangerous.

I've added it to the list anyways. (And in the cases that I haven't added them to the list, it's most likely because there already is a widget for that purpose.)

If we were talking about page-scraping and HTTP requesting Online Banking websites, that'd be a different story (and questionably legal at best). But like lcuk said, if you're using the service you're using it. There's no more risk by having the data on my desktop of my n900 than there would be of having the data in my SMS inbox, which I'm going to have anyway.

I think I'm probably going to go ahead and start working on this anyway, assuming nobody else does. And if they do, I'll work with them on it

Once I get the n900 wallpapers and themes sites done.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by nymajoak View Post
Not meaning to go OT, but does anyone know if this is true?
The recently released Google Sync solves that issue. You just have to set up Google with Mail for Exchange support on Maemo 5.

Originally Posted by code177 View Post
If we were talking about page-scraping and HTTP requesting Online Banking websites, that'd be a different story (and questionably legal at best). But like lcuk said, if you're using the service you're using it. There's no more risk by having the data on my desktop of my n900 than there would be of having the data in my SMS inbox, which I'm going to have anyway.
Wow... that's... quite shocking.

Last edited by zerojay; 2009-10-02 at 20:34.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
Wow... that's... quite shocking.
Why is that shocking? You're not storing any login or password information. The details are tied to the cell number at the bank end, not the user end. You can't get account, branch or other numbers that could be used for identifying the account. All you get are the balances and a handful of functions. For example, the list from my bank (credit union), Vancity:

Originally Posted by vancity.com
Text any of these commands to VNCTY(86289) and receive your account information on your phone.
  • ACT - To access the account activity of your primary account
  • ACT <account nickname> - To Access the account activity of a specific account
  • BAL - To access the balance of your primary account
  • BAL ALL - To access the balances of all your accounts
  • BAL <account nickname> - To access the balance of a specific account
  • DISABLE - To temporarily disable your phone
  • HELP - To access a list of the commands you can use
  • INFO - To access contact info about Vancity
  • STOP - To permanently delete your phone
I would imagine most online banking services use this same system, as I find it hard to believe that every bank would develop their own sms banking independently.

Originally Posted by elimoon8 View Post
I've heard the Fremantle calendar doesn't currently sync to Google Calendar. Would it be possible to get a widget that shows upcoming Google Calendar Events (similar to the home widget for the N8X0s - I believe it's called mgCal). It may work on Fremantle, but I don't know if the style matches the Fremantle style.
well N900 supports exchange sync and google lets you do that too, so I dont see why you would not be able to use the google calendar in N900's calendar.

I like all other widgets except the banking I dont know I just dont feel safe in having my account disclosures in my desktop and anybody looking at my phone seeing that, I just want to keep that simple and keep it in clouds: go to the banks website and check my account. But this is just my opinion.

Last edited by somedude; 2009-10-02 at 20:54.

"Recent calls" -- one quick tap ro redial recent numbers (maybe configurable list length, incoming vs outgoing etc)

Not sure how useful this would be, but the most frequent phone calls I make are to a quite limited number of people. Might be smooth to have ultra-quick access to those. Also handy when repeatedly trying to reach someone.

"Recent calls" -- one quick tap ro redial recent numbers (maybe configurable list length, incoming vs outgoing etc)

Not sure how useful this would be, but the most frequent phone calls I make are to a quite limited number of people. Might be smooth to have ultra-quick access to those. Also handy when repeatedly trying to reach someone.
Actually, how about "Favorite events"? Configure a small collection of the stuff you do regularly, like call Jane, text Joe, toggle quiet mode etc..?

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK

I think this functionality will be available directly within the phone app - by default it shows you the recent calls. Although I appreciate your desire to have this as a widget, and to have configurability (I doubt the Phone app will be open-source).

Tags
fremantle, requests, widgets