Active Topics

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Here is what I thought about the screen.
<-- WTF
Ear piece and sensors.

WTF -->
Antennas maybe (or really WTF!)

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I love blue.

I think purple is kind of lame.

Yeah, it's way subjective.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by mece View Post
Kinda pointless to base your arguments on a prototype. The final device might look very different. Either way, I like what I'm seeing, although the E7 is prettier imo.
Ding! right there! agree!

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Ear piece and sensors.

Antennas maybe (or really WTF!)
Well I was talking about empty metal framing. Why not replace all the waste of space framing and make the screen bigger and wider.

FYI, Earpiece is never designed to be on the screen piece, nor antenna part of any phone. Slide phones will always have those earpiece and antenna built on the motherboard and bottom half not the top half.

This is why this front face design of this device is just wrong. For crying out out, it's a top end device, why on earth would Nokia borrow the physicall layout fro E7 and N8 devices to put it on N9? Camera should be the only thing Nokia should adopt from N8. Hdmi is just standard.

Like I said, I would only buy this if it has 12mpx xeon with dual led, 1GB RAM, minimum of 1.0GHz A9, and 32G internal eMMC, and CBD nHD 1280 x 720p HD resolution. Seriously lol

I'd buy this (if I had the money and) if this will run an OS similar to a regular linux distro and has beefier specs than the n900.

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
Originally Posted by Changegames View Post
If N9 is a car its gonna look like the car they used on back to the future
Providing it comes complete with flux capacitor, I don't care if it looks like a DeLorian!

Last edited by James_Littler; 2010-10-06 at 12:31.

Posts: 402 | Thanked: 451 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ India
i don't mind as long they get rid of the spacing outer screen edges of the N9. would be nice to get like 4.3inches screen to compensate the top and bottom part.

Just as long it has a dual core 1.0Ghz A9 in it and 1Gb RAM, 12mxp camera with xeon and LEDs then i don't care how it looks and runs meeGO 1.2
Same here!! But I would prefer atleast one hardware button on the front. Nokia, please...

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mierlo, Netherlands
I still love the N900! No matter what comes after that!

I will still buying the N9 on the first week of release no matter what it looks like, because it is the future!

Never liked the very plasticy and thick N900.
N9, N8 and E7 in other hand with the aluminium build look amazing imo(i do love industrial design).

I do remember how people reacted to the leaked E7 proto back in the days, but after live and press shots it seemed to get only positive comments.
As a side note the Nokia loving Eldar did say that the color N9 will be shown on most adverts and so on will be black.

Tags
clueless, worstthreadever