Posts: 146 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Switzerland
Is this the CTL tablet? Thought it would have win7.

Posts: 71 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ CT, USA
It's a prototype but he said in the clip (~5:20) that battery life is around 6hrs. That's not very promising.

I was disappointed of ipad when it was announced. After all the rumours and all i was hoping something a bit more PC like, but with "custom UI". I would have also be ready to pay for some real HW there.

MeeGo for tablets looks much more like what i'm looking for, but honestly i'm not sure if i really need this(tablet) kind of device.
Lets see the meeGo phones first.

The Following User Says Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 378 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
As long as people pick the brand (apple) over the device it self.. nothing will kill iphone or ipad or ipod or ixxx or what ever lame device names apple has come up with...

To many people has become inlove with apple.. since they launched their first ipod...

Maybe if we create a new brand called "Pear" And start a series of devices under the name Axxx.. f.ex Aphone (pronounced "a phone") Apad, Apod, Alaptop And Afoodprocessor.. then we might have a chance.. since then we are creating a fan base for a new brand...

This is where nokia has gone wrong.. its harder to stay nokia fan, since they are not as much out there as apple.. Also Nokia has split their fanbase up into smaller groups.. N97 fans, N95 fans, Maemo Fans, symbian Fans, internet tablet fans...

Apple did the exact opposite.. they make all their devices work together.. a true apple fan owns several apple products.. and heres the kicker.. these products/devices can work together in many ways... you can own iphone, ipad, macbook and macintosh.. and use them all for diffrent tasks...

if you own 3 Nokia products, atleast one of these products is just laying around somewhere and is not really needed...

what you need to kill iphone/ipad.. is actuelly an Apple killer.. wich Nokia or Intel most likely will never be able to do...

So stop wasting time on this useless discussion.. 1 device can not kill an entire company... Just look at nexus one.. everyone was like "Iphone killer!!"... but even the entire android market has no chance... since its just a phone... the iphone is part of something bigger.. a complete franchise made to look magical...

And no im not an iphone fan or user. Will never own an apple product again... ever..

Last edited by mthmob; 2010-06-05 at 22:43.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mthmob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 122 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on May 2010 @ U.K ,Reading
apple will not be beaten in any way there market is to big to many ppl have there goods and tbh the iphone is good in its own way and the n900 is good in its own way . . . . i fink nokia should give us n900 users meego if they don't then im ever getting a nokia phone ever agen!

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Can't say that I'm impressed as of yet with any of the newer tablet offerings. My N810 still was the tablet of choice to me. This doesn't grab my attention - looks like a weird hybrid of MeeGo/Maemo and JooJoo.

Honestly, its like trying to make a motorcycle to compete with Harley-Davidson.

No matter how hard you try, nothing is a harley except a harley.

Nothing is apple but apple. Apple sells products to people who want an apple, and these people pay, ridiculous prices for the privilege. Of course apple makes it so only other apple products work right with your apple product pushing you to buy more of their ****. I had an Ipod once, to use it I needed itunes, which is a complete load of dogshit, eats memory even when its not in use, runs slow, and does nothing useful. It also pushes the itunes store on me to buy more **** from them. More **** I don't need.

I've got a world of apps on my n900, most of which are open source, and none which I paid a dime for, and a whole community of experts that are more useful with solving problems and technical **** than a whole legion devoted to Steve Jobs worship.

Apple makes products for apple users. Apple users won't switch away from apple, regardless.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GI jack For This Useful Post:
Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
this tablet looks awesome! so 1.5 ghz, (what kinda cpu?) and at least 5 finger multitouch resistive?! SWEET!

Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
When the guy is doing conclusion at the end of the vid, does he really say its capacitive?! lol

The thing is...... many large organizations have had these pads in development for a very long time. Its just Apple have beaten their competitors to the market to gain the large portion of market share and consumers (which I think they have succeeded).

When these other brands of the pad come out people might be hitting themselves that they bought an IPAD.