Active Topics

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Hey spinnukur. Sounds like you're excited enough to write a guide or us newbies.

Interested?

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Hey spinnukur. Sounds like you're excited enough to write a guide or us newbies.

Interested?
Yeah, I'll do it tomorrow when I don't have any alcohol in my system...

-Socrates 469 BC

Appreciate if you can wave an invite to me. Eagerly waiting for my N900 and the wave experience.

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
What we need is for people once they get them is to post how many they have, and as they give them out edit their listings.

Ex.
+3

Give one out so re-edit the listing

+1 to Addison
+2 left

So that way we know who needs one and that person doesn't get sent more than one invite.

-Socrates 469 BC

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Hey.

I'm first looking to send at least one off to a person in another country (non USA for all of you idgits).

Does Google Voice work everywhere or is it region specific?

Thanks ahead!

"idgits"?

LMAO.

I'm stealing that. and blaming you

All those idgits complaining on the forums.

It's not region specific, per-say. You just can't sign up without a US/Canada ip address. And must register with a physical US/Canada phone (cell or landline).

Oh and must call from (and to) a US landline, cellphone OR a US VOIP #.

However international people (I did make an [outdated] guide on this) can register from a US IP (proxy or friend), register with a SIPgate VOIP # (google thinks it's a physical phone ) and then use Gizmo or other SIP client to call and receive from US #s.

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ US Air Force
I have GV account and can invite others if someone can help me get a GW invite...

A Google Voice invite would be lovely. *blinks eyelids*

Posts: 70 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Hey.

I'm first looking to send at least one off to a person in another country (non USA for all of you idgits).

Does Google Voice work everywhere or is it region specific?

Thanks ahead!
Google Voice is USA only as far as I know. It is definitely not available here in the UK yet. I know this as I got an invite but was unable to use it.

I would really like a Google Wave invite if anybody has one spare. Thanks.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ A place with no mountains
Originally Posted by Jason404 View Post
Google Voice is USA only as far as I know. It is definitely not available here in the UK yet. I know this as I got an invite but was unable to use it.
There is a way to use Google Voice outside the US. It is a "work around" and not officially supported. I am in the US so I haven't tried it (didn't even read all the details). But if you search, you can probably find some instructions. If you find them, post a link here.

If you don't use your invite, offer it to someone here. I gave two away yesterday to well-deserving community members.

Tags
generosity, giving, google voice, invitations, invites, panhandling, pathetic beggars