Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
Originally Posted by pokey View Post
Yes I would be VERY interested in a Maemo podcast. I'm a podcast junkie.

You may want to check out "The Bad Apples" podcast for advice. The host, Klaatu, is just a great individual, and he seems to love helping people with Linux. He has answered every email I have ever sent him. He also records all of his podcasts on an N800.
Yeah, and you find that many Linux podcasters have them, Dann, Alan, Pat and Linc from TLLTS all have them, Dave Yates from LottaLinuxLinks, Klaatu, me, quite a few of us.

Also consider doing hacker public radio episodes if you're not sure if you want to commit to a full on podcast. I keep looking for something to do one on, I just don't know S about anything interesting.
You could do this with your feed. I know that DeepGeek has rebroadcast his show, Talk Geek to Me on HPR, as well as SourceCast, TiT Radio, etc, so you could do both.

Armored penguin is no more? I liked your show. Should I remove it from my feed list.
I'm not saying it is no more, I am working to try to get an episode out...It's hard doing a one-man show, but I will get one cranked out.

--vr

The Following User Says Thank You to VulcanRidr For This Useful Post:
The All About Symbian podcast is put together by AAS staff in various parts of the world sharing a conference call over Skype. You don't need brilliant sound quality, but you do need a voice that people are willing to listen to for 10 - 30 minutes.

You can train your voice if you're not happy with it, just record yourself and try out different speaking styles until you settle on something that works for you. You can usually see the current sound level on most recording software, and you can use this level to help you aim for a steady volume.

The Following User Says Thank You to krisse For This Useful Post:
Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
Originally Posted by krisse View Post
The All About Symbian podcast is put together by AAS staff in various parts of the world sharing a conference call over Skype. You don't need brilliant sound quality, but you do need a voice that people are willing to listen to for 10 - 30 minutes.
...Or information that people are willing to put up with your voice for however long. As I said in my first episode, I have a face for radio and a voice for mime.

You can train your voice if you're not happy with it, just record yourself and try out different speaking styles until you settle on something that works for you. You can usually see the current sound level on most recording software, and you can use this level to help you aim for a steady volume.
I know I personally am willing to cut a large degree of slack. After all, these are geeks like me, not professional voice actors.

--vr

The Following User Says Thank You to VulcanRidr For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Oooh.. come on. It's not that hard. You just need to enunciate and remind yourself to speak slower. There's a lot of good vocal exercises to repeat just before going on the air to help train your mouth muscles to work fully during speech.

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Consider to make it interactive like Chaosradio does. It is less one-way traffic then, and you can have fun while receiving feedback about a subject. It becomes more community project then. You can get feedback live by phone or IRC.

I have to say I don't like podcasts much (nor radio). They cost too much time/focus while not so informative. I'd rather read then, in car I have own music. I do like some vodcasts, like review of device. But I know there is interest and nice addition to community.

You can use SIP (or Skype) and have conference calls (audio, or also video) but IRL together with another host is more common than you may think. You can then also read each other facial expressions which is useful.

Unfortunately almost all radio pirates here have ceased to exist due to pathetic fines so can't rebroadcast it live. Great how government can ruin life of a good friend of yours that he becomes homeless...

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
You guys are a wealth of information. As a first-timer, it's all invaluable. Just don't go too hard on me for my first few.

The Following User Says Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 34 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Germany
great idea guys! I actually had the same idea, too, in my holidays 2 weeks ago. What about having some reports in the podcast about a new app (...) / interviews and then discussions via voip about that?
I'd love to help!

Perhaps we may publish it on maemo.org?

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by mag4you View Post
great idea guys! I actually had the same idea, too, in my holidays 2 weeks ago. What about having some reports in the podcast about a new app (...) / interviews and then discussions via voip about that?
I'd love to help!

Perhaps we may publish it on maemo.org?
That's the plan, though not directly on maemo.org, I don't think, but an upcoming site. Stay tuned.

Expect a short introductory podcast within the next 24 hours.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
Expect a short introductory podcast within the next 24 hours.
Great! Post the podcast RSS/XML URL here, then

Tags
maemo, podcast