Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 532 | Thanked: 949 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Uk for 6months then Thailand
A great App as always.. Thanks If this keeps going my N900 will be full of your Apps.

It works fine and to tell the true its very tidy. I'm glad you posted on the "Homescreen-selector" thread coz I wouldn't of noticed this for a week or two..

Thanks again Nicolai

Kind Regards Qosmio

http://s1031.photobucket.com/albums/y372/q0smio/

N900 x 2 Overclocked at 900 Mhz.
Samsung Galaxy S 2
iPhone 4 (Jailbroken)

The Following User Says Thank You to qosmio For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Here's how I set my desktops up. Desktop switcher works so well I changed to 9 desktops even though there isn't much on some of them.

The attached image is the first View. I'm using Live Desktop and the same background appears on all.
In this case a plane happens to be flying by.

The building on the right has what I call my transportation icons. Each of them links to a view. Originally the icons were the originals, numbered two through nine.

All of the other views have only one transportation icon, at the top of the right building. It was originally the number one icon. I replaced it with an image. It links to View one.

I don't have much of a sense of aesthetics and was in a hurry to finish, but the resulting transportation system is quite zippy.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
Very nice.

I like its configurability - I settled on just one "right" button in the same place on each desktop, & so flip through the screens with my thumb.

Last edited by rotoflex; 2010-10-11 at 11:53.

I went with a mix of geneven's and kamiwey's approaches : a "home screen" that has links to the other three, and the other three have a single link to home. Always two clicks max to destination.

The button images are thumbnails of the desktops themselves. I have made them specialized and different enough to be easily recognizable.

I love the new system, I was bored with swiping this way and that to find my stuff :-)

Once again thanks to Nicolai for this very neat widget !

Name:  home_screen.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  36.8 KB

Last edited by fpp; 2010-10-11 at 12:31.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fpp For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fpp View Post
I went with a mix of geneven's and kamiwey's approaches : a "home screen" that has links to the other three, and the other three have a single link to home. Always two clicks max to destination.

The button images are thumbnails of the desktops themselves. I have made them specialized and different enough to be easily recognizable.

I love the new system, I was bored with swiping this way and that to find my stuff :-)

Once again thanks to Nicolai for this very neat widget !

Attachment 14608
can u share ur flipclock widget code in12h format? thanks...

CasTTeLLo

Hi Nicolai,

Was your desktop widget a response to "Homescreen Selector". I just downloaded that widget from the Extra Dev area. It's also very cool, showing all the desktops that are set up and also works with the extra screens (up to 9 desktops).

Posts: 234 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Genova (Italy)
What about a statusbar applet instead of a desktop widget? Could be more efficient...

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by lookatbowen View Post
Hi Nicolai,

Was your desktop widget a response to "Homescreen Selector". I just downloaded that widget from the Extra Dev area. It's also very cool, showing all the desktops that are set up and also works with the extra screens (up to 9 desktops).
No, when I announce my widget I didn't know about the
Homescreen Selector, later I saw there is also a
Queen Beecon Widget :-)

Originally Posted by MaddogG View Post
What about a statusbar applet instead of a desktop widget? Could be more efficient...
How can it be more efficient?

nicolai

The Following User Says Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
Originally Posted by MaddogG View Post
Only for space, but the extra time to tap the status bar doesn't make it worthwhile, plus if you have 9 desktops active that'd be messy.

This app will be 100% perfect if the size can be customised and have transparency settings.

Originally Posted by CasTTeLLo View Post
can u share ur flipclock widget code in12h format? thanks...
That is simply the fantastic Queen BeeCon Flipclock Widget !

Just follow the instructions in the first post of this thread:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=flip+clock

Omit steps 6 to 9 if you just want hours+minutes, then apply the howtos below to hide the N900 picture frame and make the digits larger.

I used the "qosimo" white-on-black digits.

Looks complicated on the face of it but it's really only about 5 minutes' work, and the instructions are very accurate. Worth the trouble IMHO !

PS: the only thing that gave me trouble, as this was my first QBW setup, was that the "import" business is not described in the Flipclock post but in the wiki docs for QBW. That's simple too, once you know:

- click that "Advanced button" you see on the Settings dialog
- confirm the warning message
- on the next screen, click "Import file to buffer" (there you get to choose the relevant .TXT file you downloaded)
- then click the "Import buffer to widget" button right next to the above one. Remember to note the number that appears in the Setting dialog title as [idXX], you will need it for step 12.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fpp For This Useful Post: