Active Topics

Yup, they said they sent me a letter in Feb, saying my UPC is invalid. I never got that so they said ok send in a copy of the UPC.

Which I can't find anymore. .

It's also perplexing, if my original UPC is invalid how the heck is a copy better?

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 352 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Vancouver
i got mine not long ago

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
YAH!

i finally recieved my rebate in the mail on saturday!

Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
I'm still waiting. Haven't heard that there were any problems.

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
Originally Posted by splandorf View Post
Amazingly -- I just received my rebate card in the mail two days ago (Saturday the 15th.)

I sent it in during the "normal" rebate window that ended early Jan.

I received a notice in the mail saying my rebate was rejected b/c I hadn't included the original shipping box's UPC code label -- which is BS, I swear this was never specified in the rebate form as a requirement.

I rush-shipped the cut-out UPC code from the box back to them and never heard a thing. I assumed it was all scam (or at least very shady) when just about every person who called them to check up on their rebate status was informed that "due to some glitch in the system, their personal rebate process was being held up... but only theirs."

I had:
1) Given up long ago
2) Forgotten long ago.

But... surprise surprise -- a $50 visa debit card from Nokia showed up in the mail. I wonder if Nokia leaned on the rebate company to clean up their act and "un-glitch" all the "glitched" rebate accounts...

Sam
What's sad about this... is I sent my original UPC in my rebate... So if they screw up... All I have left is a copy... (They don't send your UPC back, do they).
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

Yup, they said they sent me a letter in Feb, saying my UPC is invalid. I never got that so they said ok send in a copy of the UPC.

Which I can't find anymore. .

It's also perplexing, if my original UPC is invalid how the heck is a copy better?

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Just received mine in the mail today ... after repeated calls, of course.

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by splandorf View Post
I received a notice in the mail saying my rebate was rejected b/c I hadn't included the original shipping box's UPC code label -- which is BS, I swear this was never specified in the rebate form as a requirement.
The requirement was there. I almost didn't file for it because it meant cutting the UPC out of the box it came in, and I strongly disliked doing that. I made copies of all of it and have scanned versions in storage just for this case, but didn't need it.

I was a pre-order, and can tell you all the "early adopters" were bumped when the great order-change-over happened, and as a result all fell inside the window. So all pre-orders and people getting the device up till the deadline were/are eligible for the discount. I got my N900 in November, filed the rebate in December, and got my Nokia card in January.

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
I bought my N900 on Newegg a week before Christmas (not a pre-order), and did receive my rebate card but only after first receiving a letter telling me I failed to include my Ovi username (which I, of course, did include in the original form).

I called the number on the letter, they asked for a case number or something like that which was printed on the form. She put me on hold for about 2 minutes, came back and said everything is taken care of and I'll receive the card in about a month. And I did. And I felt lucky every time I opened my wallet and saw the Nokia card...

I got my rebate no problem... Actually I was surprised how quick i got it. Sorry your having such a hard time.

Tags
amazon, nokia, nokia n900, ovi store, rebate