Active Topics

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Originally Posted by starman View Post
awesome! the lack of a thanks button really hurts when cool stuff like this appears
huh how come you have no thanks button lol
i see thanks on everyone else except you.

@OP great feature you found btw i never noticed this before so not sure if its always been there or a recent inclusion with one of the upgrades.
now i'm hoping for same to be included in email client

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Great. You can also highlight tests in SMS by presing the shift key and moving the arrows.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by x61 View Post
Great. You can also highlight tests in SMS by presing the shift key and moving the arrows.
Why would you want to do that? Buttonless is greater than using those old way of doing it. I used to do the shift+> lol and now I don't need to slide out the keyboard just to highlight anymore.

What missing is the long press or hold pop up with copy and paste option. Otherwise it's great!

Also, if you drag your finger across the text, it will be highlighted w/out mouse. Then holding down on it, the option to copy is there. The mouse option is really cool, especially when using it on sites like speedtest.net, where a mouse is needed, unless you are running a speedtest java app.

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemomd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by Maemomd View Post
Also, if you drag your finger across the text, it will be highlighted w/out mouse. Then holding down on it, the option to copy is there. The mouse option is really cool, especially when using it on sites like speedtest.net, where a mouse is needed, unless you are running a speedtest java app.
ahhh I see, I didn't hold long enough for the option to appear! thank you for reminding me to keep pressing on it

Posts: 210 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki, Finland
yeah long press would be great, but hopefully will be implemented later on. the scrolling is a bit too loose atm. as when you try to get the mouse pointer out, you usually scroll the chat a bit, which can be annoying if you just scroll out of the part you wanted to copypaste, and you can't navigate with mouse mode on.

Posts: 210 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki, Finland
At least for me just dragging your finger doesn't highlight the text if not in mouse mode. But I just noticed (well i'm testing in gtalk environment, but should be the same?) that you don't even have to highlight the text to get it copied. If you press for couple seconds on a text, even with nothing being highlighted, it'll give you the option to copy it.

Learned 2 new cool tricks today

Originally Posted by Brank View Post
At least for me just dragging your finger doesn't highlight the text if not in mouse mode. But I just noticed (well i'm testing in gtalk environment, but should be the same?) that you don't even have to highlight the text to get it copied. If you press for couple seconds on a text, even with nothing being highlighted, it'll give you the option to copy it.

Learned 2 new cool tricks today
yeah I know aye, Godamn Nokia!! They need to make a manual better than what came with the N900.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
did this come with PR1.1.1?
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
did this come with PR1.1.1?
nop I think it's always been there. A guy said he using the old firmware PR1.1 and it is in there too.

mr_bridger is online now mr_bridger

Today , 10:19 PM
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Coventry, UK

Report This | #3
Works on mine, (higher up screen than browser) and i havent got the latest update, (UK)

All we need is the same function in email.

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:

Tags
arrow, conversations, copy, copy-and-paste, cut, cut-and-paste, fremantle, instant message, maemo, maemo 5, paste, sms, tip, trick