Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I think atleast mosen deserves a jPad...so Jolla if you only have one send it his way.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Why no news about December Round? Can't be good

Lassila...a few weeks ago...
"It looks positive, and a solution is possible already in the next few days."
Positive for him probably...

Originally Posted by tommo View Post
I guess head of communications kept his job
And he is doing an excellent job. Leaking information everywhere except us...

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I guess they need him for Jolla band
What, so you were there then, too?
Or how else would you know...

I guess head of communications kept his job
If you guys remember this... this seems applicable

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I think atleast mosen deserves a jPad...so Jolla if you only have one send it his way.
Naaaah, we all "deserve" equal imho.

Especially my usecase has grown out of tablets in the last year. I wrecked 2 Androids because i was too careless with the devices.

I never missed not having any of them anymore.
If i still recieve jtabs, one would go to my daughter because of some nifty elearning posibillities she is now blocking our laptops for.
The other one would end up as a giant portable navigation solution.

My real complaint to Jolla was when they decided to go for dying high risk market (tablet) and not something with more potential like a watch.

Yeah, but now apple again is the one selling 10000€ red gold watches (including ~800€ gold) with even more expensive wristband options of which jolla would have needed to sell only 1000 pieces per year to keep operating and grow from a rich niche.
But nooo, a tablet to show scaleablility... aaand

Scaleing Down to a Watch would have shown that much better and be more impressive i guess. And my feeling is we have yet to see the watch boom. I give the industry 2 years to present an octacor soc that fits a watch...
So to me Unlike is the bigger euphemism for jollas business decisions than opensource for its software development.

I will have a pebble for christmas and cross my fingers for jollas survival and fleshed out community pebble support

BTW, Dave your avatar was inspiration for a Buzzword-Tile in a fun little side project of mine, thanks :P

If anyone takes the risk and buys one or more of those Jolla tablets from that Chinese site please post about it.

At least we have a fun thread
Attached Images

Originally Posted by salyavin View Post
If anyone takes the risk and buys one or more of those Jolla tablets from that Chinese site please post about it.
Talked with my translator in China. The site is basically for the Chinese market much unlike their other offerings like Alibaba and Ali Express which also cater to overseas sales and vendors that will ship overseas. I'll probably have to send some money to her directly if they cannot ship overseas.

As of yet, I've no confirmation of overseas shipping is available though. But will update accordingly.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Talked with my translator in China. The site is basically for the Chinese market much unlike their other offerings like Alibaba and Ali Express which also cater to overseas sales and vendors that will ship overseas. I'll probably have to send some money to her directly if they cannot ship overseas.

As of yet, I've no confirmation of overseas shipping is available though. But will update accordingly.
Even so, It's seems more trustworthy than Jolla...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund