Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
The last time I remember someone OFFICIAL from Nokia blogposting about how SOMETHING BIG was coming, and everybody thought it might be a new version of Maemo or some new device... it turned out to be a useless piece of software that Nokia released with much fanfare but nobody was really interested in. Especially after so much hype and expectation was raised about it being "something big".
In any case, this is not a nokia conversations thing. According what was heard in the Q4 earnings call, it's an announcement by Stephen Elop on an event called "Nokia Strategy and Financial Briefing" where he will go into OS strategy. But who knows, it could be Ovi changing it's headers from a flat light-green to a floral themed vivid-green to celebrate the upcoming spring, right ?

PS Good to see strong user support for open low-level components. Way to go.

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
hes the chief of the official Nokia blog of course he knows, hes got to say otherwise though or is boss's will cut his throat if he breaks an NDA
A guy of his status would not be guessing if he did not know, hed just not mention it at all, you know how damaging it would be now he claimed something big and exciting was happening in 2 weeks then nothing happens, the Guy is PR expert he chose his words careful
ee ok I dont kniow the guy but do you mean he is a pr expert just because he blogging on nokia blog :S I dont think soo...

what position has he at nokia btw?

Maybe its just announcement of new strategies and directions - might be exciting just to hear abouur the "synergies", the "cooperative development" the "cross OS development strategies" and what not, but maybe there will still not be any new exciting devoce ready for Meego I think. Or else they will again show a prototype and then to market will be 4 months later as usual.

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
ee ok I dont kniow the guy but do you mean he is a pr expert just because he blogging on nokia blog :S I dont think soo...

what position has he at nokia btw?
heres little about him

"Phil Schwarzmann, Editor-in-Chief, Nokia Conversations

Phil’s been at the helm of Nokia Conversations since August 2009 and has been stationed at Espoo base camp for over seven years. Before turning his digits to blogging he was formerly in Games, S60 and the Nokia.com digital marketing teams. Phil launched the S60 blogs, Nokia’s first public blogs, back in 2005. He also thinks he’s pretty funny and has his own stand-up comedy show in Espoo. Here he is in his own words"

The Following User Says Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nilchak View Post
Maybe its just announcement of new strategies and directions - might be exciting just to hear abouur the "synergies", the "cooperative development" the "cross OS development strategies" and what not, but maybe there will still not be any new exciting devoce ready for Meego I think. Or else they will again show a prototype and then to market will be 4 months later as usual.
CMD is about the strategies. So in that sense they got lots of events in short time to show where Nokia is going with Elop as no devices wont be more than likely announced in the keynote either.

Though the invite gives absolutely no hint about what the even is all about.

Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
guy obviously knows more
Why does he "obviously" know more just becasue he runs the Nokia blog? He may know if the CEO etc has told him but then again he may of been kept completely in the dark and know as much as we do?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to droitwichgas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
Why does he "obviously" know more just becasue he runs the Nokia blog? He may know if the CEO etc has told him but then again he may of been kept completely in the dark and know as much as we do?
the site gets stuff like videos images long before, they once published a video by mistake of an unannounced device

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
336 days left to upgrade

Last edited by Dave999; 2011-01-31 at 19:30.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Hey, You thought I forgot it today? nope I didn't

335 shiny days left.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
334 days left and 7 days left to superbowl if anyone inreseted.

Over and out!
(I miss push and talk)

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:

Tags
best of 2011, douchebaggery, douchethread, fud fud fap fap, how to quote, i need drugs, wait for meego!, what is n9?, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz