Notices

Posts: 275 | Thanked: 389 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sydney
The state method works. Is albumart implemented yet as I only receive empty strings?!

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 487 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Novosibirsk, Russia
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
The state method works. Is albumart implemented yet as I only receive empty strings?!
Something like this:
Code:
signal sender=:1.134 -> dest=(null destination) serial=24 path=/; interface=ru.somebody.someplayer; member=albumArt
   string "/home/user/.covers/enigma - dream on.jpg"
signal sender=:1.134 -> dest=(null destination) serial=25 path=/; interface=ru.somebody.someplayer; member=stateChanged

Originally Posted by somebody View Post
Something like this:
Code:
signal sender=:1.134 -> dest=(null destination) serial=24 path=/; interface=ru.somebody.someplayer; member=albumArt
   string "/home/user/.covers/enigma - dream on.jpg"
signal sender=:1.134 -> dest=(null destination) serial=25 path=/; interface=ru.somebody.someplayer; member=stateChanged
sorry but the methods I see are "state" and "albumart" lower case. state returns results, albumart is always empty string. No methods with the names you said.

Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
sorry but the methods I see are "state" and "albumart" lower case. state returns results, albumart is always empty string. No methods with the names you said.
albumArt is not method. It is signal. No way to get cover using method yet.
Also, if album art fetched from ID3 tags no signal will be emitted.

Has QML support for handling d-bus signals?

nope. I have created a QProcess wrapper which I use. I will need to do the same for dbus signals then. How come albumart can't just be a method to return the file name?

PS sorry for the misunderstanding. I didn't read the post properly assumed that they were also methods. Serves me right for answering a post right after having a few beers in the sun.

Last edited by GreatGonzo; 2011-03-13 at 06:41.

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Texas
Hi Somebody,

Is it normal that everytime you start up the player you have to enable the equalizer? I checked my app list and gstreamer is not installed and couldn't find it in the repositories. I was having an issue with the music skipping and just going blank and then resuming again. I had all my music files on my memory card, so i decided to move all the files to the internal memory and it has resolved my problem. I think that the camera button becoming a play/pause button would be a wonderful feature to add to the player.

Thanks alot for your hard work and this great player.

UPD 1.5.3-3:
Done. Now you can use albumart method to get album art file path. But as I said, if no art available or it fetched from ID3 tags empty string will be returned.

The Following User Says Thank You to somebody For This Useful Post:
I know it doesn't matter to you but maybe you could write temp files from the embedded art. I have no idea if that would have any performance penalties e.g. when rapidly skipping songs. Or is there another way to do this like returning a handle to the tracker cached images.

Last edited by GreatGonzo; 2011-03-13 at 09:04.

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ london
i wanna raise a small issue/bug with some player while trying to search for a song in library the fn character appears instead of the regular letter e=3 or i=8 or a=* hope this made sense...

btw its a awesome player i was wondering if the search track feature can behave more like the default media player, well thats my two cents mate.

Originally Posted by mohi2k7 View Post
i wanna raise a small issue/bug with some player while trying to search for a song in library the fn character appears instead of the regular letter e=3 or i=8 or a=* hope this made sense...
Magic bug..

Tags
music player, nokia n900, someplayer