Active Topics

I recently got a 16gb microsd (finally), so I've been trying to clone my OS and boot from the card.

I downloaded the console-tools .deb, and installed it normally (through application manager).

I open xterm, type "pb" and get the "scanning disks" and then the list of operations you can do (backup, scan, clone, etc.). However, when I try to do a full backup, it gives me the message,
"You have selected to backup all data on Can't make sub-window at (11,3) , size (1,37) . to Error: Expected at least 7 tokens for --radiolist, have 4. Use --help to list options.

Is this Correct??"

At this windows I have 3 choices, "ok" "extra" and "cancel".

When I go ahead and click "OK", it gives me
"Mounting
Can't make sub-window at (11,3), size (1,37) . FAILED, perhaps there is a problem with previous mounting? Try rebooting and running again?"

If I choose "extra", I get
"PARTITION INFORMATION
If you continue, all data from Can't make sub-window at (11,3), size (1,37) . will be backed up to Error: Expected at least 7 tokens for --radiolist, have 4. Use --help to list options..

SOURCE:"

I've tried rebooting and running it, but I don't see any changes. Any idea what is happening here?

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by elimoon8 View Post
I recently got a 16gb microsd (finally), so I've been trying to clone my OS and boot from the card.

I downloaded the console-tools .deb, and installed it normally (through application manager).

I open xterm, type "pb" and get the "scanning disks" and then the list of operations you can do (backup, scan, clone, etc.). However, when I try to do a full backup, it gives me the message,
"You have selected to backup all data on Can't make sub-window at (11,3) , size (1,37) . to Error: Expected at least 7 tokens for --radiolist, have 4. Use --help to list options.

Is this Correct??"

When I go ahead and click "OK", it gives me
"Mounting
Can't make sub-window at (11,3), size (1,37) . FAILED, perhaps there is a problem with previous mounting? Try rebooting and running again?"

If I choose "extra", I get
"PARTITION INFORMATION
If you continue, all data from Can't make sub-window at (11,3), size (1,37) . will be backed up to Error: Expected at least 7 tokens for --radiolist, have 4. Use --help to list options..

SOURCE:"

I've tried rebooting and running it, but I don't see any changes. Any idea what is happening here?
It's definitely not correct. What size is your font in xterm?? Try making it small. Sometimes if the font is too big it will have problems. If your eyes are bad, get your reading glasses out, or a magnifying glass. I am not convinced this is the issue though, this is a n800 or n810?? Are you running as user 'user'? What OS version are you running?
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following User Says Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by uhale View Post
Is backup to Fat32 supported with current PB tools?

From the 1st post

Originally Posted by penguinbait

Backup

Allows you to backup from SD/Flash/USB Disk to SD/Flash/USB Disk
Full and Incremental backups are supported as well as bz2 compression (compression is slow, takes about 20x longer. If backup takes 1 minute without compression it will take 20 minutes with compression)
Currently only backups to ext2 or ext3 partitions are supported. I will be adding support for simple backup to FAT partition in the future.
Fat support has not been added yet, sorry
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following User Says Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
Whoops, I spoke too soon. I can now see the screen where you select a partition to back up, and I select /dev/mtdblock4 (my jffs2 internal memory) with the space bar to put a * next to it, and I choose 'ok'. When I do that, I get the same error as before ("You have selected to backup all data on /dev/mtdblock4 to Error: Expected at least 7 tokens for --radiolist, have 4. Use --help to list options. Is this Correct??").

When I choose 'ok', I get
"Mounting
Error: Expected at least 7 tokens for --radiolist, have 4. Use --help to list options. FAILED, perhaps there is a problem with previous mounting? Try rebooting and running again?"

When I choose 'extra', I get
"PARTITION INFORMATION
If you continue, all data from /dev/mtdblock4 will be backed up to Error: Expected at least 7 tokens for --radiolist, have 4. Use --help to list options..

SOURCE:
/dev/mtdblock4 "Size: 256MB Used: Free: AVAIL Type: jffs2"

TARGET:"

In response to your questions:
Font: Serif, 12 pt.
Tablet: n810
I'm still new to xterm, so I'm not quite sure what "running as user 'user'" means. I'm running 'pb' as soon as I open xterm. I'm not in root, if that's what you're asking. If I try running pb in root, nothing happens.
OS Version: 5.2008.43-7

Last edited by elimoon8; 2009-11-19 at 04:48.

(I edited the previous post with more information).

got exactly the same as elimoon8 on my n800 (pbeasy run after sudo-gainroot)

The Following User Says Thank You to jaccunio For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jaccunio View Post
got exactly the same as elimoon8 on my n800 (pbeasy run after sudo-gainroot)
Hopefully we can figure out what's happening soon. I have only about 10 megabytes of internal memory left (after I uninstalled some stuff).

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
Are you using the on screen keyboard? I had a similar experience until I used my bt keyboard. ( N800)

I seem to recall others fixing this by making the font in xterm smaller.?.

I found 12 pt. to be pretty small. Please let me know what you have your font set to (size and font type) in xterm so I can try that.
I was using the slide out keyboard of the n810 when I experienced the issue.

Hi PB
I have N810, 43-7
I downloaded and installed Console-tools apparently successfully.
However, things are not working properly.
I partitioned and cloned to my ext SD (16GB)
I got the boot text and I ned to use my keyboard to select my option.
It is saying is booting from my ext SD but I don't think so.
After booting, I look to my external memory and it shows only 191.8 MB available. I partitioned: 192MB & 256MB.
It show me all this info when it was partitioning/cloning.

I notice when is cloning is progressing well until 99% and stays there a long time. After I got a message:
cat: can't open '/tmp/rval.tmp' ; no such file or directory

I flashed and cloning twice with identical behavior.
Any suggestions?

Thank you

Tags
bootmenu, bootmenu-installer, install-tools, mgmt-tools