Active Topics

Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Good bug report but a pretty ridiculous scenario is needed to cause the reboot :P
Haha, indeed... I gave up and stay at 1.3 with max clock at 95% load.. Let see the battery impact..

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by pipould View Post
Haha, indeed... I gave up and stay at 1.3 with max clock at 95% load.. Let see the battery impact..
From what I understand, 1.2ghz is the safest to overclock to not melt your cpu after an extended period.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Finland
Hello folks, I did some "scientific" research with my OC`d N9. I took stopwatch and measured how the app launch time changed after overclock compared to stock.

I took three different times on every app on both clockspeeds and take the average of them. Phone was connected to wifi during test.

Based on this very non-scientific experiment I would say that +300mhz gives about 15-20% performance boost what comes to app launch. Of course there are many variables in this test but I think that it give a very good clue about the truth.

Tell me about your experienses. Maybe I need to do something similar with browsing speed also...
Attached Images

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Flapzapninja For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Arie View Post
From what I understand, 1.2ghz is the safest to overclock to not melt your cpu after an extended period.
You are correct, I simply bumped my speed to 1.2Ghz without even touching voltage or smart reflex and ive been stable for the past week, with using the Sat Nav and bluetooth and lots of texting, video viewing ect.

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Originally Posted by Flapzapninja View Post
Hello folks, I did some "scientific" research with my OC`d N9. I took stopwatch and measured how the app launch time changed after overclock compared to stock.

I took three different times on every app on both clockspeeds and take the average of them. Phone was connected to wifi during test.

Based on this very non-scientific experiment I would say that +300mhz gives about 15-20% performance boost what comes to app launch. Of course there are many variables in this test but I think that it give a very good clue about the truth.

Tell me about your experienses. Maybe I need to do something similar with browsing speed also...
Very good tests..
As far as browser testing, you could try some heavy loading sites(cnet,engadget) with stock browser and firefox as well..
Looking forward to your next tests..!!!

Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
You are correct, I simply bumped my speed to 1.2Ghz without even touching voltage or smart reflex and ive been stable for the past week, with using the Sat Nav and bluetooth and lots of texting, video viewing ect.
If you used the modules of Creamy Goodness directly the voltage will be automatically bumped up to the maximum (1.375 V) when clocking higher than 1.1 GHz, unless overridden. You can check the voltage by doing cat /proc/opptimizer.

Anyone tested how far you can actually go with stock volts (for me that is 1.1875 V)?

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
I think i got to 1150 or so

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by Creamy Goodness View Post
I think i got to 1150 or so
Creamy Goodness can we somehow make sure that the voltage used is not overdone? As in can we use the minimal amount needed over stock to get to 1.2ghz?

Also thank you so much for your efforts on this project so far.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Curitiba-PR . Brasil
-
-
My tests to 1.35Ghz - very stable !
-
FireFox 11.0.0.2:
-
SunSpider 2608.7ms
BrowserMark 37122**