Active Topics

Originally Posted by slender View Post
Do we read same forum or do you have some filter installed? I haven't seen too many justifications from users regarding these points.

"MMS is a "dead" format"

"Who uses MMS anyway?"

I've seen the above two multiple times

There are fanboys on either side of divide. That'll never change.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
i have seen also couple of "justification" posts here but not much compared what i have seen on almost all finnish newspaper websites comment sections and gadget sites when there is news about apple. Itīs on level that itīs really scary. People go crazy over some gadget like religion.

Originally Posted by slender View Post
i have seen also couple of "justification" posts here but not much compared what i have seen on almost all finnish newspaper websites comment sections and gadget sites when there is news about apple. Itīs on level that itīs really scary. People go crazy over some gadget like religion.
Yeah, all I'm saying is that there'll always be fanboys.

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Hmmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJkaCAdJF-E

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" Đ Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

The Following User Says Thank You to HellFlyer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
Yeah, all I'm saying is that there'll always be fanboys.
And with that there always seems to be disapointment... Sorta like when you find out your very sweet and Innocent new girlfriend isn't a virgin.

While it may be true that: "Gripping almost any mobile phone in certain places will reduce its reception.", that statement has got to sting for some. Their iPhone now is just another phone, according to Apple.

"Awesome!", "Amazing!", and "Years ahead of its competition!" can now be replaced with "well it's good enough for everyone else".

SLN member # 009

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Ok, it seems that Apple has finally come up with what's needed to make the iPhone 4's antenna reception issue to be 100% resolved. The solution oozes of Apple's ingenuity and creativity, demonstrating simplicity and wit... and a hint of cost efficiency effort by their chinese manufacturing partners.

Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
now there must be an iron app or maybe we'll get Steam on the iphone, like on the mac.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by crown77 View Post
if you would look a little over your maemo side you would know that it seems to be a Problem with iOS4 and not all Hardware related so i guess Apple will give 4.01 soon to there Community .. as they always do.
It's more hardware that software. Sorry, but a re-camping software solution isn't going to help much, which is what the .01 update is going to be. I've read all about it from a technical stand point. It's not going to fix the problem for 90% of the people with this issue.

Go ahead and believe that the software fix is on it's way. I'm willing to bet that when it arrives you're going to not see much in the way of a fix for most people. We'll see who's right in a month or two when/if Apple releases the "fix".

Antennas are strange birds, especially when they're touched and/or extended. Putting them in the open without a non-conductive coating was a poor choice. Putting them in a place where most people will touch them to use the device normally is a total fail. I'd say the same for any device operating in this frequency range (and many others) with an open antenna.

The Following User Says Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
of course it is an easy software fix, they will just make a 5 bar display static and go back to blaming AT&T

Surely a software fix would just ramp up the SAR rating of the device, thus causing more concerns amongst regulators?

But, just found this on CNET: http://news.cnet.com/8301-31021_3-20009399-260.html. Looks like things are hotting up.

The Following User Says Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:

Tags
bestthreadever, form > function, h8'ers gon' h8, isheeps, worstthreadever