Notices

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
@Del
Have you changed your ettercap config.It seems your dropping user priviledges. Check
/etc/etter.conf
Under the [privs] section,
Should be.
EC_uid =65534
EC_gid = 65534

The Following User Says Thank You to casper27 For This Useful Post:
Hello guys i don't know what are your problems
with the script

But i followed this guide

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...50&postcount=1

and had no problems
ettercap config is modified there too
you should try it

The Following User Says Thank You to Seker_94 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by casper27 View Post
@Del
Have you changed your ettercap config.It seems your dropping user priviledges. Check
/etc/etter.conf
Under the [privs] section,
Should be.
EC_uid =65534
EC_gid = 65534
Nokia-N900:~# /etc/etter.conf
-sh: /etc/etter.conf: Permission denied

i dont know if it's right or not .. im so noob man

=\

Originally Posted by Del View Post
Nokia-N900:~# /etc/etter.conf
-sh: /etc/etter.conf: Permission denied

i dont know if it's right or not .. im so noob man

=\
You need to open it with a txt editor. Leafpad is quite user friendly so

Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get install leafpad
Let it install then exit down to user and open etter.conf with leafpad.

Code:
exit
leafpad /etc/etter.conf
Leafpad is just like the text editors you use in windows. You can use the arrow keys to navigate and there is a dropdown menu to copy/paste/save ect.
Open it and check the details from my last post. Be sure not to change anything else in there or else ettercap might not work the way its intended. If you are feeling adventurus Google etter.conf and you should find guides to tweeking ettercap such as delays and disections.

The Following User Says Thank You to casper27 For This Useful Post:
You need to open it with a txt editor. Leafpad is quite user friendly so

Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get install leafpad
Let it install then exit down to user and open etter.conf with leafpad.

Code:
exit
leafpad /etc/etter.conf
Leafpad is just like the text editors you use in windows. You can use the arrow keys to navigate and there is a dropdown menu to copy/paste/save ect.
Open it and check the details from my last post. Be sure not to change anything else in there or else ettercap might not work the way its intended. If you are feeling adventurus Google etter.conf and you should find guides to tweeking ettercap such as delays and disections.
MAN .. lol

it's empty !! .. I mean there is nothing

blank black screen

so the problem is ettercap !!

Originally Posted by Del View Post
MAN .. lol

it's empty !! .. I mean there is nothing

blank black screen

so the problem is ettercap !!
It should not be empty if ettercap is running at all. Make sure you typed the dir right.
Code:
leafpad /etc/etter.conf

It should not be empty if ettercap is running at all. Make sure you typed the dir right.
Code:
leafpad /etc/etter.conf
sorry man

ya ..

it's just like what u said

EC_uid =65534 # nobody is the default
EC_gid = 65534 # nobody is the default

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Just uploaded version 0.9.7

There is no changes apart a beautiful new icon courtesy of Unhuman.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 83 | Thanked: 142 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Paris, France
HI everyone, and sorry for not being so much present those last days ! Even if I didn't respond too much, I read it all.

So, you guys saying there is no password : if the log is not empty, my script did everything right. Then the problem can come from the client (victim) which can be protected, or using https, or anything else that would jeopardize the operation. The only thing you have to do to make sure it works is do that on your own connection, targeting another computer you have access to. Then go to private browsing (so that there is no cookie for sure) and enter some creds. If there is none displayed, something is wrong; send me the logs and as much info as you can about what and how you did it. Then I'll try to diagnose the problem. If it worked, but the parser fcuked something up, your pass might be in the file. Don't worry, I don't give a sh|t about it, I'll just tell you what I found, etc. then delete it all.

#####
Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
Happend me also once, I don't know if it's my problem, but when the script says IP1, IP2

Do I have to type "IP1, IP2" or do I have to type the actual IP? Not sure here, when I typed the actual IP it worked but when I used IP1 it didn't gave me anything. I didn't do any test yet, so I wanted to know if it was my fault :P
You - of course - must enter 192.168.1.1 192.168.1.2 192.168.1.3, etc.

#####
Originally Posted by demiurgo0 View Post
my problem is that every time I launch the yamas, my pc goes offline ......... poisoning is a problem?

can anyone help?
Yep, read about ARP cache poisonning. Basically, you force the client to reconnect through you, so downloads will stop (and be freaking slow) and the rest will stop and reconnect. If it doesn't reconnect, something's wrong, probably ip forwarding that messed... That shouldn't happen though.

#####

Ps : even though the icon has been chosen, if someone comes up with something that Saturn, Unhuman and myself find to be better than the actual one (that rocks btw), we'll use it So send it to me !

Ps2 : If the script generally works for you (shows pass and all) but for a precise website didn't, send me the logs (or only needed part if you can do that) and I'll try to understand why it didn't. That might mean that the parser needs updating, so it's important that you do that. With that said, I never encountered a website that couldn't be parsed =D
Only maemo.org is tricky : it is sniffed, and pass shows, but it is sent md5-encrypted ! Nothing you can do about that !

Last edited by comaX; 2011-07-03 at 17:54.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to comaX For This Useful Post:
@comaX
Yeah I noticed maemo.org did not work because its sent in md5. It should be possible to crack with John the Ripper. Or even a MD5 cypher online. I will have a go.

Tags
pentesting, tester of pens