Closed Thread
Originally Posted by kp_welch View Post
hello, i have the same problem.
i only have transition.ini in usr/share/hildon-desktop/
i attached the ini file..(which i rename to transition.txt so i can upload it)

my cssu transition tuner setting are,
#fast transition
#single column task switcher
#app menu blur = 10 (which is the max i can enter. Higher value than 10 is not possible)
#app menu scroll speed=0(which keep resetting to zero..highest value possible was 0.99, but after I click on save, it will reset itself to 0)
#parallax=3(max number is 10, same case as app menu blur..minimum number is -10)
#blurless, force rotate, rotation on zaxis, and tactile was enabled and are working properly
#zoom on press=disabled

on xterm, i followed the /opt/cssutransitionstuner command and i get permission denied..

ive installed the lastest version of cssu transitions tuner and ive restarted my phone many times..still the problem persist..
thanks in advance.
same problem here

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by kp_welch View Post
on xterm, i followed the /opt/cssutransitionstuner command and i get permission denied..
Thanks!

Can you be more specific with this; can you post maybe a screenshot of the xterm -window?

And I'm also intrested in screenshot of the CSSU Transitions Tuner window in case it's some weird character encoding issue or something...

Also if you could now try to set parallax to 1,3 and scroll speed to 0,97 and then hit save and re-attach the transitions.ini again. Thanks in advance.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

After the last CSSU update my custom widgets no longer show the background if I use a QLinearGradient. Here there is the code I use to get it; the ones with a simple QColor keep showing it.

Code:
protected:
    void paintEvent(QPaintEvent *event)
    {
        QPainter p(this);
        QLinearGradient gradient(0, 0, gradiantWidth, 0);
        gradient.setColorAt(0, QColor(0, 0, 0, alpha0));
        gradient.setColorAt(1, QColor(0, 0, 0, alpha1));
        p.setBrush(gradient);
        p.setPen(Qt::NoPen);
        p.drawRoundedRect(rect(), 8, 8);
        p.end();

QWidget::paintEvent(event);
    }

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on May 2010 @ limassol cyprus
im sorry, i know youve heard this all before, but i think i have to mention it otherwise ill bust!

I cant beleive how much the n900 has come since i first bought it over a year ago!and NO THANKS to nokia(except for selling us the n900)!

You guys have done an amazing job! time and time again you just manage to surpirse me, and im guessing, everyone else on this forum....and maybe sometimes yourselves!!!, to the point where if i update the cssu and soemthing goes wrong with the settings i.e. after this update my digiclock stopped working on one of my desktops....but i dont care! this Cssu is so amazing in its features that i just uninstalled digiclock and used something else!!

Man, i can play neogeo ,palm os,ps1,nintendo and sega games, i have all my music and my futurama and can access them anytime as well as my stuff on the pc through wifi and all at @1.15ghz!

I think ALL of our THANKS AND LOVE SHOULD go out (including the haters) to all the guys that made this happen.....thanks again and you have all my love.

Peace.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to n900 lover For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by d-iivil View Post
Thanks!

Can you be more specific with this; can you post maybe a screenshot of the xterm -window?

And I'm also intrested in screenshot of the CSSU Transitions Tuner window in case it's some weird character encoding issue or something...

Also if you could now try to set parallax to 1,3 and scroll speed to 0,97 and then hit save and re-attach the transitions.ini again. Thanks in advance.
From what i can see the tuner is updating the transitions.ini file, just not reading the new values (in the white input boxes - NOT the tick boxes) back into its ui.

I got a notification of a new cssu update and tried to upgrade it. Everything didn't go as it should. During the installation the screen went all black and stayed that way. The phone wasn't connected to anything by the usb cable as the cssu faq suggests. I had to long-press the powerbutton to shutdown the device. The phone turned on okay but didn't give the the usual message of "operating system upgraded" or something like that. So now I don't know if the update aplied ok. The phone doesn't find any new updates. I can't find the cssu install package from the appman install list. The only cssu related package in the uninstall list is cssu enabler (ver 0.6-5) and the cssu reported version from Settings - About CSSU is the latest 20.2010.36-2maemo14.1. So is everything ok?

Thanks for your hard work anyways CSSU team!

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by Nozu View Post
I got a notification of a new cssu update and tried to upgrade it. Everything didn't go as it should. During the installation the screen went all black and stayed that way. The phone wasn't connected to anything by the usb cable as the cssu faq suggests. I had to long-press the powerbutton to shutdown the device. The phone turned on okay but didn't give the the usual message of "operating system upgraded" or something like that. So now I don't know if the update aplied ok. The phone doesn't find any new updates. I can't find the cssu install package from the appman install list. The only cssu related package in the uninstall list is cssu enabler (ver 0.6-5) and the cssu reported version from Settings - About CSSU is the latest 20.2010.36-2maemo14.1. So is everything ok?

Thanks for your hard work anyways CSSU team!
Yep, the update should be right, apt-get install mp-fremantle-community-pr to double check.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 458 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Yep, the update should be right, apt-get install mp-fremantle-community-pr to double check.
MAG,

Are there also plans to release the new media player? Or hard to code?

I wonder why in the bloody world does the latest CSSU _require_ PC Suite to run? If I don't own a Windows PC, I can't upgrade, can I?

(Of course I know apt-get upgrade still works, but the metapackage is kept back.)

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
As I said, I might release a pre-alpha tonight.

PC Suite is a misleading error message by HAM devs, I'm not sure why the package is kept back, try apt-get install mp-fremantle-community-pr and see if there are any errors, or check HAM logs.

I'll probably change the PC Suite string to "Conflicting packages detected, check "Problems" for more info"

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade