Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Rugoz View Post
http://aktuell.meinestadt.de/ulm/201...bsversammlung/

**** elop
Das ist alles auf Deutsche...

^

Well reporters talked to employees in ulm.

The engineers working at ulm are disappointed since they were very enthusiastic about the project they were working on (meltemi). Also people working there are from 30+ countries.

Member of management flew in with security guards (don't know name).

Elop sent a personal video message, where he said thank you etc., obviously the result was some laughter and boos.

One employee says he and many of his co-workers are convinced nokia will be dead (literally translated: go belly up) in a year or so.

Also from here:

http://www.swp.de/ulm/lokales/ulm_ne...158544,1501570

I left out the details...

Last edited by Rugoz; 2012-06-16 at 00:38.

Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Nothing has leaked so far, and folks have been disgruntled at Nokia for their Maemo decisions for years. This decision will mean that the Harmattan folks and Meltemi folks will be vocal in the end over this; nothing will be leaked.
Or maybe everybody were quite for two times (maemo and meego) but probably not for third time (meltemi)?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Joseph9560 View Post
Or maybe everybody were quite for two times (maemo and meego) but probably not for third time (meltemi)?
I'd rather have Maemo leaked. It's more pertinent to my needs than Meltemi - no hardware released for that yet.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
ombre is one of those being laid off. I hope he's right when he says it will leak.
the community could obviously use it for a better purpose...

Posts: 110 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Bangalore
Nokia to make cheaper Windows Phones to take on Android

Nokia to take on Android?? Are you kidding me??

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Joseph9560 View Post
We have a loads of angry people here around.

You need also really to think about how it all happened. One day you think about "tomorrow I'll do this and that", then somebody calls...

Anyways, believe it or not, this was unelegant, unprofessional, unpolite and really something that demonstrated (not that there was any need to demonstrate it further) complete lack of vision of Nokia.

I hope bright days will come, specially for qt, but far far far away from Nokia shores.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by ombre View Post
They closed all the development enviroments and wikis the morning the layoff happened even before the official announcements.
Source for that?
I saw that mentioned in twitter by juha but he later recanted it, saying he was joking & didn't really know for sure, & neither did his source.
His source was The Register IIRC...
I mean it's likely they did something like that, but I don't know if we can say with 100% certainty yet.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I'd rather have Maemo leaked. It's more pertinent to my needs than Meltemi - no hardware released for that yet.
Yup Maemo5/6x far more important... & agreed, extremely unlikely anything will leak, tragically

Originally Posted by Rugoz View Post
^

Well reporters talked to employees in ulm.

The engineers working at ulm are disappointed since they were very enthusiastic about the project they were working on (meltemi). Also people working there are from 30+ countries.

Member of management flew in with security guards (don't know name).

Elop sent a personal video message, where he said thank you etc., obviously the result was some laughter and boos.

One employee says he and many of his co-workers are convinced nokia will be dead (literally translated: go belly up) in a year or so.

Also from here:

http://www.swp.de/ulm/lokales/ulm_ne...158544,1501570

I left out the details...
Farking hell, what a douche... Feel so sorry for all those guys/gals.

Originally Posted by Sandeep View Post
Nokia to make cheaper Windows Phones to take on Android

Nokia to take on Android?? Are you kidding me??
Yup, that's been pretty obvious for the past 48hrs now

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-06-16 at 07:00.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
jalyst you're asking the source for his source regarding the closures of wikis and dev environments

Tags
downward_spiral, fu_flop, memories