Hi,

I build a obexd 0.29 version with a commit reverted, which might bring pc-suite support back (See previous post). Since I'm based on linux, I cannot test it.
Attached is the obexd and the patch. Maybe someone gives it a try.
Attached Files
File Type: zip obexd-0.29.zip (145.9 KB, 80 views)

Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by hschmitt View Post
Hi,

I build a obexd 0.29 version with a commit reverted, which might bring pc-suite support back (See previous post). Since I'm based on linux, I cannot test it.
Attached is the obexd and the patch. Maybe someone gives it a try.
Hi hschmitt!

Thanks for the new version.Tried to connect to PC Suite via

Bluetooth: PCSuite can`t find N900
USB-Cable: When connected in PC Suite mode, PC Suite says "Installing PC Connectivity Cable Drivers" and stays like this forever...
when connected in Mass Storage Mode PC Suite at least recognizes that N900 is in wrong mode and asks to change PC Suite mode.

Dammit, will keep testing a little more and let you know if it works...

Besides that, would you mind to place PBAP related post in the new thread ? This new thread lets the community follow the development in a more convenient and less confusing way. Because relevant information is not spread over 260+ posts but summarized within 1 Post and its not a confusing mixture of PBAB, IrMC Sync or whatever related development.
Thanks for your understanding and support again!

Last edited by Reflektorfalke; 2010-07-28 at 15:41.

The Following User Says Thank You to Reflektorfalke For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Reflektorfalke View Post
Hi hschmitt!

Thanks for the new version.Tried to connect to PC Suite via

Bluetooth: PCSuite can`t find N900
USB-Cable: When connected in PC Suite mode, PC Suite says "Installing PC Connectivity Cable Drivers" and stays like this forever...
when connected in Mass Storage Mode PC Suite at least recognizes that N900 is in wrong mode and asks to change PC Suite mode.

Dammit, will keep testing a little more and let you know if it works...

Besides that, would you mind to place PBAP related post in the new thread ? This new thread lets the community follow the development in a more convenient and less confusing way. Because relevant information is not spread over 260+ posts but summarized within 1 Post and its not a confusing mixture of PBAB, IrMC Sync or whatever related development.
Thanks for your understanding and support again!
Okay i will post everything new in the other thread .
One more question: What is in syslog? Can you attach it?

Originally Posted by hschmitt View Post
Okay i will post everything new in the other thread .
One more question: What is in syslog? Can you attach it?
Thanks ;-)
How about uploading your new version also to the new thread so other followers find it and can start testing?

Which syslog do you need?
(apt-get install sysklogd doesn´t work at the moment due to unmet dependencies. If you need this I maybe need to revert to original obex first and install it from there...)

Originally Posted by Reflektorfalke View Post
Thanks ;-)
How about uploading your new version also to the new thread so other followers find it and can start testing?

Which syslog do you need?
(apt-get install sysklogd doesn´t work at the moment due to unmet dependencies. If you need this I maybe need to revert to original obex first and install it from there...)
Exactly this /var/log/syslog. I updated the wiki page to mention the other pbap thread:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Fremantle_Unsu...ile_.28PBAP.29

:mirakels

Hello,

I've attached the log as you said,
please see it and tell me if you find anything else, because as you said, I've also saw that IRMCSync capability.

Thanks,

Originally Posted by mirakels View Post
Hi john_doe252

from the syslog I see obexd is started, but it was never triggered to do something
so no sync did start...

your hci log does mention a sort of IRMCsync capability, but it did not start a sync.
Attached Files
File Type: zip hcilog.zip (16.3 KB, 86 views)

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 101 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Netherlands
john_doe252

your irmc seems different from my carkit yours tells us:

010-07-28 13:30:37.722046 > ACL data: handle 11 flags 0x01 dlen 8
L2CAP(d): cid 0x0040 len 13 [psm 1]
SDP SS Req: tid 0x11 len 0x8
pat uuid-16 0x1107 (IRMCSyncCmd)
max 1
cont 00

mime says:

2010-07-28 16:59:49.477256 > ACL data: handle 11 flags 0x01 dlen 7
L2CAP(d): cid 0x0041 len 20 [psm 1]
SDP SSA Req: tid 0x100 len 0xf
pat uuid-16 0x1104 (IRMCSync)
max 256
aid(s) 0x0004 (ProtocolDescList)
cont 00

My updated obexd knows how to handle this 0x1104 service. But 0x1107 is not (yet) supported by obexd.

:mirakels

Thanks a lot for your time,

I would be grateful if you could enlighten me a little more related to the 0x1107 service... What is it related to?

Also please tell me why are u saying that is not "yet" supported? Do u have any info regarding this? If so please be kind and share that with me and the others....

Thanks a lot again..

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 101 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Netherlands
I tried to find some more info about thsi IRMCsyncCommand (1107) service, but couldn't find anything useful. 'yet' because I hope it will be implemented somehow (not necessarily me...)
Maybe the 1107 is just the client IrMC side. In that case your carkit could be be a IrMC server and expects your n900 to initiate the sync...

Originally Posted by john_doe252 View Post
Please see the attached logs from my BMW 320D 2005 - iDrive software updated in 2008.
John_Doe, you might want to have a look at PBAP. Several BMW´s, also from 2008, were already tested successfully. See this thread for details.