Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
That'll be quite a lot of us who need to recalibrate then. Most commentators seem to be seeing oranginess ...

Awesome! I like orange. (my vote goes for orange definitely, seen thie vids with this cover and the press photos on a few monitors, always thought will be choosing this colour while finishing the preorder, maybe it's like with indigo, some see blue, some violet)

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 160 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Spain
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
TMO is from now on poppy red Its a celebration of TMO!
Almost all your signature, Dave, is in Poppy Red. You knew everything about LE TOH from the beginning, didn't ya? )))))

Boy, what can I say? EPIC......No, LEGENDARY......

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by xanderx View Post
Almost all your signature, Dave, is in Poppy Red. You knew everything about LE TOH from the beginning, didn't ya? )))))
Damn straight.but I'm looking forward to the event tomorrow with the ice cold white TOH rather than TMO RED TOH.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by xanderx View Post
And these are the concerns still keeping me off hitting the "buy now" button:
1. Web browser behavior and functionality
2. Xterm
3. DRM, aegis
4. Offline mapping solution
I'll stick to the issues I'm familiar with.

2. a terminal (fingerterm, https://github.com/nemomobile/fingerterm) is available close to out-of-the-box, after enabling developer mode. it's not xterm, but then again, you aren't going to get that easily given we don't have x
3. root means root. this is a regular linux system, more or less. you can do what you like, there is no aegis.

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 193 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Real Jolla Users

https://twitter.com/joonakallio/stat...95656514469888

I just check some videos fr.o.m. A few months ago. Marc Said Finland, asia and Then penetrate europé. But think something happend With the launch in asia.

So, Asia will not be penetrated, but we (the lucky Europeans) are going to be deeply penetrated? Is that what you are saying?
Barnabas Collins

The Following User Says Thank You to kollin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by strongm View Post
That'll be quite a lot of us who need to recalibrate then. Most commentators seem to be seeing oranginess ...
Orange is pretty close on the colour spectrum of course and it does look more orange than postbox red is. The Jolla red reminds me of tomato soup.

I think what's confusing is that in the UK we have those horrible paper/plastic poppies at this time of year which are a deep crimson red when real poppies are lighter in colour usually.

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
there is no aegis.
Oh yes there is.

Hey, I've had this handle since 2003. I'm not going to change it because of Nokia.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
I'd anticipated that they'd gone with Pantone Poppy Red (rather than a red that looks like the colour of a real poppy) because it was fashionably on trend this year.

Still, we'll find out for sure in a very short time now.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
So... less than 48 hours, eh?

Kudos to the real first purchases and luck to the Jolla folks. Can't heap nothing but praises on their team for going from Nokia to new endeavor to delivered product.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:

Tags
"pretty soon", funniest line, jolla, pipo party, sailfish, tmo red