Originally Posted by gtmaster303 View Post
Latest review of one of the latest units, all credit goes to reviewer

https://eskerahn.dk/?p=3556
Really liking the addition of the screws for the keyboard. The less things are glued into place, the better in my opinion. The addition of stickers is a small price I'd be willing to pay for that. Personally I wouldn't mind it that much if the stickers came off anyway, seeing some screws wouldn't bother me.

This positive review just makes all the slipping of dates hurt more to be honest. At this point I'm just expecting it to arrive sometime this year.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shirabe For This Useful Post:

Right before update

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Trzyzet For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,716 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by Trzyzet View Post
https://i.ibb.co/BB2JH75/2019-10-23.jpg

Right before update

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
120 pre orders are for sure

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Shirabe View Post
Really liking the addition of the screws for the keyboard. The less things are glued into place, the better in my opinion. The addition of stickers is a small price I'd be willing to pay for that. Personally I wouldn't mind it that much if the stickers came off anyway, seeing some screws wouldn't bother me.

This positive review just makes all the slipping of dates hurt more to be honest. At this point I'm just expecting it to arrive sometime this year.
I'm worried about the uneven keyboard backlighting. Not what I expect for a $700 phone. Hopefully it was just an issue with the review unit

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
90k€ on the picture, just for those few units. D: The kind of calculations that helps realizing how hard it must be for a small startup to build such a device from scratch and have it mass produced without crowdfunding.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Come on, keyboard backlighting is never uniform, not even on pro Lenovo laptops or other high end laptops. The keyboard I am typing on right now is not evenly lit and I can see the variation under daylight, yet I couldn't care less.

Of course opinions will vary and it may be important for other users, but there are no keyboard devices with perfectly uniform backlighting, let alone phones given that none of them have keyboards.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
90k€ on the picture, just for those few units. D: The kind of calculations that helps realizing how hard it must be for a small startup to build such a device from scratch and have it mass produced without crowdfunding.
Well it's really hard!
But i think that most of the budget is for the software, r&d, engineering etc.
Hardware-wise, the hinge probably adds to the cost, but I don't think that this device needs more than a couple of hundred bucks to manufacture.
Comparing with state of the art flagships that cost 300-350$ ofc. I don't know, I'm just assuming

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nikos523 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gtmaster303 View Post
I'm worried about the uneven keyboard backlighting. Not what I expect for a $700 phone. Hopefully it was just an issue with the review unit
Eh, I could hardly even notice it on the pictures. And the whole point of the keyboard is to not look at it while typing in my opinion. But yeah, it's a bit of a bummer, just saying I personally don't mind it.

At this point I mostly just want the phone already.

The Following User Says Thank You to Shirabe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Come on, keyboard backlighting is never uniform, not even on pro Lenovo laptops or other high end laptops. The keyboard I am typing on right now is not evenly lit and I can see the variation under daylight, yet I couldn't care less.

Of course opinions will vary and it may be important for other users, but there are no keyboard devices with perfectly uniform backlighting, let alone phones given that none of them have keyboards.
None of my previous qwerty devices had this problem. I doubt I'm that lucky...

The Following User Says Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit