Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
  1. disable all patches
  2. uninstall patchmanager-eventview-controls (which now conflicts with Patch Manager
  3. try if the installation of PM works. If not, contact the author of patchmanager-eventview-controls
I have already disabled all patches and uninstalled patchmanager. Trying to uninstall eventview gives a another error. Will try to contact author.
Thanks for help.

Posts: 344 | Thanked: 1,345 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Paris, FR
Originally Posted by pikejake View Post
I have already disabled all patches and uninstalled patchmanager. Trying to uninstall eventview gives a another error. Will try to contact author.
Thanks for help.
Tried

Code:
rpm -e --noscripts pandora-eventview-controls
?

The Following User Says Thank You to Sfiet_Konstantin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Sfiet_Konstantin View Post
Tried

Code:
rpm -e --noscripts pandora-eventview-controls
?
Thank you! After that I uninstalled patchmanager daemon and I was able to install patchmanager again.

After the latest update I have Better Call-Log twice in the list of patches. (I had it installed separately before the update.) The older one, when tapped, tells me "This patch is no (sic) available anymore. You won't be able to reinstall it." If I choose "Unapply patch", it is removed from the list, but the next time I launch PM it's there again. Now how can I get rid of the duplicate? In /usr/share/patchmanager/patches there is only one Better Call-Log, base-better-callog.

The Following User Says Thank You to ssahla For This Useful Post:
I have the lates version of SailfisOS 1.0.7.16 and I tried to install PatchManager version 0.4.4.
Installation didn't work and I got error message.
----------------------
Transaction /4114_aaedebcb
Extra details:
patchmanager-ui-0.4.4-10.7.1.joola.armv7hl
requires patchmanager = 0.4.4-10.7.1.jolla, but this requirement cannot be provided

Dismiss
--------------------
Have you any idea what went wrong and what I should to do?

jp

Originally Posted by jpsorvisto View Post
I have the lates version of SailfisOS 1.0.7.16 and I tried to install PatchManager version 0.4.4.
Installation didn't work and I got error message.

Have you any idea what went wrong and what I should to do?
jp
I had the same problem. Search for "patchmanager daemon" in Warehouse and try to uninstall it. If you get an error about "somethingsomething pandora-eventview-controls", run the code Sfiet_Konstantin posted.

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Zagreb, Croatia
i think having a calendar feed showing events for current day on lockscreen (above clock) would be really usefull. or maybe just a text block showing some other info.

can someone give me few hints on how would i implement that. i tried editing /usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/qml/Lockscreen.qml but i can't put anything on lockscreen. i tried simple things for testing like adding another clock above current or adding just a text element above clock but nothing changes after restarting homescreen from patchmanager (except on one occasion where i managed to break the whole thing ).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to igor_b For This Useful Post:
Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
For start, sorry, i am new Patchmanager user

I installed:
Patchmanager
bace
advanced

but i do not find the unlimited multitaskin or the slide swipe.. There is actually very short list of patches :/. What i doing wrong. This Thread is so BIG and scary and little bit mess for new patcher like me :/... Help

Edit: OK it's Swipe feedback Love it! Thank you!

Last edited by Makeclick; 2014-06-27 at 13:02. Reason: found it

Cannt see the unlimited multitasking in the patchmqnager, I also like the swipe feedback

Jolla should implement some of the ideas front his thread.

Last edited by youmeego; 2014-07-03 at 17:15.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Prague, Czech
** Date in Clock region **

I was modify file Clock.qml - I was make smaller Time and put Date to this region. Visible on Lock Screen and and via quick-peek look from apps.

file and screnshots

Edit: I was modify Lockscreen.qml for disable dynamic show Date over CellularNetworkName by simply minimalistic way. File added to link.

Edit2: I was crate two versions - "Date above Time" and "Date under Time". All is under link.

Edit3: I was move patch for update 1.7 under own dir and create new patches for update 1.8 in own dir. Works with LPM/Glance also. All is under link. Patch Lockscreen.qml for "date on top" fixed 18.7.

Edit4: pulled to github for next adv-patches in openrepos..

First ugly way to apply: Download both .qml files and copy over original to /usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/qml/ dir. Will be good to make backup of original files somewhere.

Second ugly way: In link is file "adv-homescreen-date-in-clock.tar" patch for patchmanager added also. Download it to Jolla, deploy in terminal via "tar xvf adv-homescreen-date-in-clock.tar". Copy deployed dir to /usr/share/patchmanager/patches/ under root. Then use patchmanager GUI for apply. Better way with GUI add/remove.

Last step is put it to github together with advance patches for openrepos.. uff
Attached Images

Last edited by Kaacz; 2014-07-17 at 23:59.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Kaacz For This Useful Post:

Tags
patchmanager, sailfish os