Active Topics

Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Isn't it funny how this one thread attracts those people? All of them?
In light of how wrong the TMO consensus was on what Elop would announce, I think your comment and ignore list reflects more negatively on you then on them.

Heads in sand - common pastime around here.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frappacino For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Isn't it funny how this one thread attracts those people? All of them?
I don't think that is very surprising.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post
I don't get your comments. How could knowing what my needs as a consumer are possibly be "head in sand"? Mr. Flop fails to fulfil them... mine and those of most other community members. It's him who fails, not us.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Maxximuscool has fallen in lovde with Samsung Galaxy S-2
Good bye Nokia Hello Samsung. I still beholding the power of the N900 until it dies on me. repaired USB and epoxy done as well, so let's hope it will last.

Samsung I want to be your customer I don't care if it's not A9 Orien, I care if you give me 1GB RAM and dual cores

Hello 1080p

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK

LOL I found this quite amusing. It wasnt me who tagged that btw

Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post
In light of how wrong the TMO consensus was on what Elop would announce, I think your comment and ignore list reflects more negatively on you then on them.

I would list benny as one of the more interesting posters, and the same with ysss, and gerbick is not that far back. So to the extent that was intended to be a bad guys list, I disagree with it.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Speaking of what we can do, how long will we be permitted to riot in the streets before Nokia arrives with its water cannon and shuts us down?

I was of course always opposed to giving Nokia as much power as it has over this site.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
It's high time we return to ITT.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
I don't get your comments. How could knowing what my needs as a consumer are possibly be "head in sand"? Mr. Flop fails to fulfil them... mine and those of most other community members. It's him who fails, not us.
Elop has obviously failed both the consumer and stockholder. He has rushed into MS partnership and WP7, an OS with less features than S40. He shouldn't dare compare it to S^3 which finally has GPU acceleration and is smooth as a baby's bottom. IMO, Elop should have forced more resources on MeeGo and have the employees work overtime to get MeeGo ready for presentation at MWC. He should have waited for media and consumer reaction and then decide if it's worth to adopt WP7. Reaction to WP7 is a tragedy and should be rejected. Additionaly, such a device from Nokia will take longer to produce than MeeGo.

Symbian's death will disappoint half the world and is the dumbest decision ever. UI can improve for better reception and a sure sign of that is Nokia Bubbles.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
I think what he is trying to say, it that while you and most of the community members have a good idea of what your needs are, they may not be in line with the mass market. That by believing your needs are more important the the masses, you have your heads in the sand.

For better or worse, Nokia has changed what they are doing. I know most in these parts believe it to be a bad thing. Perhaps in a couple years we'll all sit around and look back at this as where Nokia really started picking up speed in their decline and eventual failure.

On the other hand, in a couple of years, if this appeals to the mass market, Nokia may be doing better than ever. Only time will tell. Despite what everyone here "knows" for certain, it may turn out differently than you believe. After all, lots of you were certain that anyone who dared suggest a Nokia/MS partnership was crazy and just spreading FUD, it came true.

For the record, I don't think it will work out well, but what do I know?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lemmyslender For This Useful Post:

Tags
buysomethinelse, me ego, megone, naysaying, quit whining