Active Topics

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Due to some features i had not read up on in QBW there was an error in the new Battery Meter V1.5 - Small (Post #3), but now it has been corrected, if you have downloaded the one before this post you can simply fix it by going in to your "queen_beecon_dir" under /home/user/MyDocs/ and rename 'icon-red.png' to 'icon-red.png.3', the '.3' is not a mistake it is simply a very cool feature in QBW that allows many icons/images to be displayed.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Thanks Dr I just learned what the qbw is and now have a molre accurate reading regarding the mugen on my desktop (reads apx 2x the advanced-power-monitor battery icon in terms of percent left). 2 questions..

1) what exactly does the bottom number represent? for instance now the top says "20.5" percent and the bottom reads, 3.68V. What does 3.68V represent?

2) would there be any way to replace the battery icon with your info? As it is I may as well remove advanced-power and advanced-power-monitor, but I really liked having a quick visual on the top of my screen pertaing to battery life.

And thanks again

Originally Posted by extendedping View Post
Thanks Dr I just learned what the qbw is and now have a molre accurate reading regarding the mugen on my desktop (reads apx 2x the advanced-power-monitor battery icon in terms of percent left). 2 questions..

1) what exactly does the bottom number represent? for instance now the top says "20.5" percent and the bottom reads, 3.68V. What does 3.68V represent?

2) would there be any way to replace the battery icon with your info? As it is I may as well remove advanced-power and advanced-power-monitor, but I really liked having a quick visual on the top of my screen pertaing to battery life.

And thanks again
1) This is the current voltage that it reads, and this is what it is "converting" to the % reading, this is as i described in post #3 based on my own discharge test & the official LiPo battery graph.

2) We have been talking about this, and looking at the source code on the meego project it should be doable to do, making a new 'status-area-applet-battery.so' that is based on the script i made.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
Does anyone else experience the battery low warning led still blinking even after recharge? I need to reboot for the light to go off.

oh yes i forgot to put this in the description. the widget is on a 5 min interval. And when it sees over 15% it will shut off the blinking led.

again it will stop when it is above 15%

--
But i am looking at refining the code a little, like when it sees that it is charging is will turn off the LED notification (within the 5min interval).
When i charge through USB, just to test it since i don't charge through USB, i was blinking red for almost 5 minutes and then it changed to the normal orange pulsating LED

You can change the interval to what ever you like, under QBW setting

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2011-02-22 at 10:49.

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Can that QBW-script be in extras-devel maybe? QBW just mentioned as a dependency so apt will automatically install it if it is missing.

hey dr_frost_dk

I have disassembled both my batteries and have the circuit board piece as well. But I have some questions.

1. Is wire from a USB cable good enough to use to join the batteries together and connect it to the circuit board ? I will just charge through Nokia USB, not through a charger like you.

2. Once you have connected everything, how do you connect the circuit board back onto one of the batteries ? I mean, you need to connect it back to the battery solidly so you can sit the battery at the back of the N900 correct ? How do you do that ? or do you leave the circuit board flopping around ? Or do you glue it back or something ?

3. Is there anything I need to do to the circuit board or battery terminals before I solder ? i.e. i read mentions of using tape or paper or something, is that required ?

Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post
hey dr_frost_dk

I have disassembled both my batteries and have the circuit board piece as well. But I have some questions.

1. Is wire from a USB cable good enough to use to join the batteries together and connect it to the circuit board ? I will just charge through Nokia USB, not through a charger like you.

2. Once you have connected everything, how do you connect the circuit board back onto one of the batteries ? I mean, you need to connect it back to the battery solidly so you can sit the battery at the back of the N900 correct ? How do you do that ? or do you leave the circuit board flopping around ? Or do you glue it back or something ?

3. Is there anything I need to do to the circuit board or battery terminals before I solder ? i.e. i read mentions of using tape or paper or something, is that required ?
1) Yes it is good enough (the thick Red & Black)

2) Mine is flopping around, it is not going anywhere when the battery is placed in the N900, because of the battery cover and the latch at the battery terminals.

3) Make sure that you use paper or tape where the battery metal casing can meet the metal frame in the N900.
The Metal frame of the battery is +, and the frame in the N900 is GND

Again remember to fit everything as closely as you can or you can have problems fitting it in the N900 because of the length.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
thanks - i will attempt the soldering next.

hopefully soon I will have a n900 that can last me through the day and double as a lethal weapon.

The Following User Says Thank You to Frappacino For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post
thanks - i will attempt the soldering next.

hopefully soon I will have a n900 that can last me through the day and double as a lethal weapon.
remember to share how it goes and works for you

Tags
battery, battery test, best battery, good bad ugly, modding, mugen battery, scud battery, tool got banned, yasirrfc