Active Topics

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Atlanta
Originally Posted by fuyoh View Post
anybody knows whats the changelog ?
Here is a list of changes to the Maemo 5 SDK which usually reflects the changes to the Maemo 5 firmware.

http://www.maemofanatics.com/workaro...1-3-changelog/

More than meets the eye eh?

Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by cnavarro View Post
Just upgraded. It seems faster and less prone to swap. Mail client seems faster also...
yes! It is faster and if you want even faster install Plastic theme pack. Then n900 is so much faster . I love it!

The Following User Says Thank You to Makeclick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 118 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ mother earth
Can't update directly from my n900, is there is another way to do it via pc ?
because my connection bandwidth is capped at the moment to dial-up, it will take forever to download it from the app manager.

f**** ISP I pay them about 30 usd every month for 512 connection with limited bandwidth of 4 gb

anyways, has anyone noticed any major bug with the new update ?

did anyone manage to add Maemo Extras-devel and Maemo Extras-testing devel?
I've changed Distribution: freemantle-1.2 to freemantle-1.3, but the catalogues failed to refresh :S

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Poland
Installed PR1.3, now reinstalling apps. Couple of them were refused to be installed. Overall performance indeed seems to improve, phone is more responsive, scrolling/switching is faster

Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by yamakasi View Post
Can't update directly from my n900, is there is another way to do it via pc ?
because my connection bandwidth is capped at the moment to dial-up, it will take forever to download it from the app manager.

f**** ISP I pay them about 30 usd every month for 512 connection with limited bandwidth of 4 gb

anyways, has anyone noticed any major bug with the new update ?
connect you n900 with wlan.. if you don't have wlan... then flash.. but you ovi and other applications will be gone.. So remember BACKUP!

did anyone manage to add Maemo Extras-devel and Maemo Extras-testing devel?
I've changed Distribution: freemantle-1.2 to freemantle-1.3, but the catalogues failed to refresh :S

oops. sorry 4 double posting.

Last edited by thefukara; 2010-10-25 at 19:08.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Do Bluetooth keyboards finally work without hacking up the new OS? Bluetooth mouse support? USB keyboard/mouse support? External hard drive support? Just curious, since I think most of these things needed to be hacked into the system with 1.2, right?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
upgraded over the air with no pain this afternoon.

main issue seems to be the performance hit on this forum!

overall impression seems to be that it is a solid set of bug fixes and performance improvements.

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

The Following User Says Thank You to gazza_d For This Useful Post:
I have done upgrade through Faster Application Manager..But, I do not see much improvements..(or I would say that I failed to notice that some bugs are fixed and performance improved.)..So far noticed that whenever I receive call, my call UI does not flicker..also I felt browsing OVI catalogue is much faster..(but that depends on internet speed? Earlier at same speed..OVI store was bit slower..)

What is the best way to know that you are really running 1.3..I checked from settings->about product..I see that version is 20.2010.36.2 . But, does that really mean PR 1.3 is successfully installed?

Why these questions..because FAPMAN did not ask me to reboot...I have done that manually and saw not much difference in using..So what am I missing to notice in PR1.3?

Last edited by yogi900; 2010-10-25 at 19:47.