Active Topics

Originally Posted by toki View Post
Is there anyway to change the 'weather' on the events page to pick up Meecast rather than Accuweather?
http://forum.meego.com/showpost.php?...2&postcount=19

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sony123 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MortenS View Post
Could someone PLEASE try and connect their N9 to their PC with a USB cable to test if it will sync mail and calendar from Outlook that way?

Free beer for the first one to answer this
Sync over USB seems not possible currently...

BUT: Sync with local Outlook items works over Bluetooth! At least under Windows 7.

You pair the both devices and let Windows run through all the setup stuff. Then you open you N9 device in the "Devices and Printers" and then the Bluetooth page for the pairing comes up. There you can select to sync your items.

EDIT: @jalyst I think this is one of the tips that should definitely be in the OP!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to marrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 187 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Originally Posted by sony123 View Post
You can go to Setting>Internet Connection>Edit Network. Here you can select whether N9 automatically connects to a network without asking your for permission.

See if your mobile network is under "Automatically used networks," if it does, click the network and disable "Use automatically."
I disabled that settings. One problem with this and leaving the "allow background connections" setting on is that, whenever I activate the AGPS (iirc this helps faster positioning and allow online search), will it start pulling stuff from social networks, instant messaging etc? (I am not signed up to any data plan as of now, will do in future but not now)

Originally Posted by joeymc View Post
What sort of practical uses are there for NFC, particularly in Australia? No other phones around have it so I find little ways to actually take advantage of it, other than tapping it to my mastercard just for s&g's...
you can tap it with ur mastercard? whats it do?

and, i tihnk nokias phones here on will have NFC, so... gives you a few devices you can 'tap' with (if ur friends get those phones)
but as for now... NFC on N9 is just getting ready for the future.. but no actual use in australia just yet

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Denmark
Hi to all Linux & Maemo Wizardes
I’ve been a proud N900 owner for 2 years now, and away from a couple of miner problems, it’s by so far the best handset I have ever owned.
To be honest, N900 was my first Linux encounter, and I’m for sure not an expert, I would like to think that I’m clever enough to follow instructions and tutorials from your respected community, and for 2 years I have never had a problem with my phone…..( huge thanks is order)
With that said, I’ve been waiting for N9 as long as the next guy, I even tried Meego on my netbook and as dual OS on my N900, and I was impressed and hopeful for the same time.
And then it came, design wise and the swipe experience, battery time, camera and sound, is incomparable but then I read some reviews about how is it as a device, and how’s Meego as an OS, and I was a little disappointed, then the disappointment grew even bigger when I read that Meego people are dropping cuz Intel said so, and starting a new project (Tizen) and there is a inside split movment in the Meego community led by some of the developers who feel they are betrayed by the community heads and felt like a year and half of hard work was being wasted.
N9 is not a cheap device, and honestly I lost my trust in Nokia in general, but I always trusted the developers community, but after the great announcement?????!!!!!!!

It’s a simple question and hope you all excuse me for talking too much, I just feel so confused and frustrated since the N9 came out, is it Worth the Money ? and is by any means have a future support at least as the Maemo community still supporting the N900 ?

Your expert opinion is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shishtox For This Useful Post:
One feature i would like to have on N9 is to use the standby screen to show the upcoming calendar and To - Do say for the next 3 days. Right now Calendar is pretty useless without being shown anywhere like a widget in symbian phone

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kai_en For This Useful Post:
Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
Finally, Harmattan is OPEN, see here :
http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=4575&page=8
In addition, the N9 is a very good product; these are 2 good reasons to buy this phone.

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Okay going to update the OP soon, been very busy lately, sorry
How do you folks want me to summarise all the findings so far?
And what do you want me to prioritise above all else?
I would like the first post to list bugs from end user viewpoint after "common questions and their answers" post# of answer behind each question

Missing features from end user viewpoint

you can put the post# next to each item

I don't think http://developer.nokia.com/bugs
was meant for us end users even though I'm sure we can make an account there if we want like you suggested to me at meego forums.

And oh yeah, badly executed features from end user viewpoint

Last edited by aironeous; 2011-10-13 at 10:25.

How is battery life?

Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
what features?

Nisse; its allright. like sgs2 but a bit better. long standby time. as said i can upload battery stats if someone defines some parameters for me and knows what info from battery monitor they want.