Active Topics

Mid-November applies for the UK too, right?

Posts: 315 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Montreal, canada
Got the same message from Nokia USA latest november 15

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by theflew View Post
Here is a more accurate list, pretty small for the N900.
You're still pulling in bugs in 3rd party applications. I'd go with a slightly different search. Even that's a bit wide as it's pulling in "major", not just "critical" and "blocker".

Last edited by sjgadsby; 2009-10-26 at 20:44.

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Gainsborough, uk
Play.com states 20/11/09 :-( so bout 4 weeks

Originally Posted by olighak View Post
The most serious I see is the unsynced audio and video in the video recording mode. And that's bound to be fixable by a software fix.
Oh goody! just a software fix! All of these items are just a software fix, and knowing that doesn't change a thing.

Speaking as a programmer,
This bug, the sim card bug, and the rotation during hang up bug would be enough for me to delay the release.

I would prefer to delay than to release a small bug like this could cause a Windows 7 party like disaster. Delay just makes us want it more.

As a programmer I'm more than happy to wait. As a consumer, I'm about to go nuts.

Originally Posted by Nokia
Dear Peter,
In the crowded marketplace of cell phones and cellular-related products, it is crucial to have a savvy, well-seasoned team strategizing, coordinating, and implementing hardware that the customer desires. All of our cellular phones are built on the same foundation: innovative technology; meticulous attention to detail; and creative networking abilities across the internet. Nokia strives to create and implement innovative solutions, to be a leading resource for professional and public services.

Here at Nokia quality matters. We realize your cell phone is one of your biggest long term investments in today's economy. Customer service and satisfaction is number one. We pride ourselves on customer satisfaction and a higher level of quality. Quality is of upmost importance at Nokia. Each hardware circuit is tested at least twice, once in production and again in Quality Control. You see at Nokia we hold ourselves to a higher standard that doesn't allow us to just simply get by, just getting by does not meet our standards.

I understand that you are anxious to get the new n900 model. We are just as anxious to release it. We believe that n900 is going to set a new trend in expectations among the mobile users community. The n900 isn't just the latest and greatest cellular phone; it is going to be a revolution in breaking the standard mold. Simply put the n900 allows its users a level of freedom not yet seen in cellular phones today.

The n900 will be released with a variety of new applications and games. I am proud to announce that the n900 will be released with the following pre-loaded games: Duke Nukem Forever, Tetris 2012, and The Smurfs vs. Mortal Kombat.

In response to your query about our shipping date. We have misplaced the phones. Please, quit pestering me about it I don't know where it is. And as far as I'm concerned if it wasn't for Nokia and people like me you wouldn't have any damn phones. Our best guestimate at this point would be sometime late 2012.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zdux0012 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Was that supposed to be funny?

Posts: 150 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Pennsylvania, US
Probably.. there's no useful/new/valid information left to post.

Posts: 296 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Manchester
I have received an email from MPD saying the following....

" Hi,

Delivery of Nokia N900 stock into our Nokia stores has unfortunately been delayed by two weeks to w/c 16th November. The delivery when it arrives will be the first N900 stock in the UK and orders will be dispatched on a first ordered, first serve, basis directly from our Nokia stores. For those of you that have already pre-ordered and are expecting dispatch on the 30th October as previously advertised, please accept our sincere apologies and be assured that you are top of the dispatch list for a new Nokia N900. We have already seen working samples of the N900 and can assure you that it does exist and it will be very much worth the wait!"

This also matchs with the "mid november" statement from nokia.
So i suppose the 16th is the date to look forward to.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anwarboy11 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 219 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
i say fraud. impersonating as a nokia employee.

Tags
bumped by idiot?, impatience, n900 release, strange