Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 198 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Helsinki, Finland
Firstly, thank you very much coderus for this client.

I am having troubles passing the "registration" window and it's stuck.
Any idea?

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Timpaxi View Post
Why just as reviewer? So it's just you can deside those translations, that's not right. Well, i have to go back to english then...
Doesn't that give you right to change any translation?

"There are different roles within a team: translators, reviewers and coordinators. The translators are the people who actually do the translations for the specific language. The reviewers can also review the translations, fix any issues and approve them. That is, your reviewers are the people responsible for the quality of your translations. The coordinators can also manage the members of the team and add new ones."

wonder why whatsapp is possible to be ported to sailfish but not other proprietary apps like viber and skype

Posts: 494 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
Doesn't that give you right to change any translation?

"There are different roles within a team: translators, reviewers and coordinators. The translators are the people who actually do the translations for the specific language. The reviewers can also review the translations, fix any issues and approve them. That is, your reviewers are the people responsible for the quality of your translations. The coordinators can also manage the members of the team and add new ones."
Well, i can't change anything there anyways for some reason...

the registration spinner has now rolled over an hour, I suppose it shouldn't take so long. There is no way I could register with mitäkuuluu.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
@late88 is your internet working? can you open any page in browser?

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
@late88 is your internet working? can you open any page in browser?
Yes, it is working, both wifi and 3G.

Edit: something is surely happening because I can't use android whatsapp anymore. I just can't get beyond the registration spinner. It's infinite.

Edit2: I installed the newest version on clean device.

Last edited by late88; 2014-01-06 at 14:36.

Hello,
First of all, thank you for the native Whatsapp port for Sailfish. I have installed it a few days ago and hve had a lot of problems making it work. I will list them below, in case someone has had similar problems and has found a solution. A quick googling has not helped me find any solutions.
1) very long start up (on the other hand, similar to Wazapp). However, the app window disappears and I am left for sometime wondering if the app will open at all or not.
2) The main window shows 4 contacts (2 contacts + 2 groups) probably from Wazapp times on N9. Nevertheless, I have more than hundred contacts in this account and would have if I could somehow sync them. Is the main screen only for conversations? How can I see the contacts screen?
3) The main windows shows a search magnifying glass on the top left and "unknown" on the top right. I can only search within the contacts in the conversations list.
4) Chosing a conversation with "unread" messages takes forever to enter the conversation. Jolla offers me the possibility to kill the app. After I get into the conversation, the messages stay "unread."
5) One received message is a video. If I press on it it says that it is downloading. Then the progress bar disappears. No clue where the video went, but it does not play.
6) In any conversation, I cannot send media, it is deactivated in the pulley.
7) In the main window with the conversations, the only pulley options I have active are "Settings" and "Quit".The others are dimmed out and not accessible.
8) In the settings, English are squares, but this does not bother me too much.
9) What are delegates? Priority lowered, since they disappeared from the Settings menu.

I am running Jolla with Sailfish 1.0.2.5 and Mitäkuuluu 1.19.
So many people have said that for them Mitäkuuluu works, so I guess these problems are not general? How can we dig further into the reasons?

Best regards and thank you in advance!

T

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
wonder why whatsapp is possible to be ported to sailfish but not other proprietary apps like viber and skype
It is not ported, it is reverse-engineered. That is a huge difference, and next to impossible with Skype.

Originally Posted by thidalgos View Post
Hello,
First of all, thank you for the native Whatsapp port for Sailfish. I have installed it a few days ago and hve had a lot of problems making it work. I will list them below, in case someone has had similar problems and has found a solution. A quick googling has not helped me find any solutions.
1) very long start up (on the other hand, similar to Wazapp). However, the app window disappears and I am left for sometime wondering if the app will open at all or not.
2) The main window shows 4 contacts (2 contacts + 2 groups) probably from Wazapp times on N9. Nevertheless, I have more than hundred contacts in this account and would have if I could somehow sync them. Is the main screen only for conversations? How can I see the contacts screen?
3) The main windows shows a search magnifying glass on the top left and "unknown" on the top right. I can only search within the contacts in the conversations list.
4) Chosing a conversation with "unread" messages takes forever to enter the conversation. Jolla offers me the possibility to kill the app. After I get into the conversation, the messages stay "unread."
5) One received message is a video. If I press on it it says that it is downloading. Then the progress bar disappears. No clue where the video went, but it does not play.
6) In any conversation, I cannot send media, it is deactivated in the pulley.
7) In the main window with the conversations, the only pulley options I have active are "Settings" and "Quit".The others are dimmed out and not accessible.
8) In the settings, English are squares, but this does not bother me too much.
9) What are delegates? Priority lowered, since they disappeared from the Settings menu.

I am running Jolla with Sailfish 1.0.2.5 and Mitäkuuluu 1.19.
So many people have said that for them Mitäkuuluu works, so I guess these problems are not general? How can we dig further into the reasons?

Best regards and thank you in advance!

T
Actually, a reboot fixed 1-7. Weird, because I had all problems with 1.17 and there reboot did not help. I installed 1.19 today and must have just rebooted now for the first time. So rebooting is your friend, like in the good old Windows times
Thank you and sorry for the possible inconveniences.

Tags
coderus, it's a trapp, jolla, sailfish, whatsapp, whatscrapp