Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 163 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Alabama
Originally Posted by b-man View Post
My N900 doesn't seem to want to boot after flashing bdogg64's kernel image. Has the kernel image been signed by fiasco-gen? if not, what are the command line arguments to preform this task?
I didn't use faisco-gen to sign the kernel image. I just compiled the zImage using the scratchbox compiler. Does it hang at the boot screen?

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
bdogg64: yes
My ports/creations/hacks: GNOME (for Deblet), Cdeb2», Ubuntu, playable flash games in the "Get Started" app, DBS, ect...

enhanced fedora port has been canceled in favor of NITDebian (TBA)

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
Originally Posted by twoboxen View Post
Unfortunately, bootmenu didn't show my freshly minted android.ext3.item... in fact, booting with the keyboard open had no noticeable effect. Perhaps bootmenu is buggy with PR1.1.1? Anyone have a suggestion as to something I can try. I'm so close to get a "testable" system!
have you tried re-installing the bootmenu? what do you have in android.ext3.item?
My ports/creations/hacks: GNOME (for Deblet), Cdeb2», Ubuntu, playable flash games in the "Get Started" app, DBS, ect...

Originally Posted by twoboxen View Post
Unfortunately, bootmenu didn't show my freshly minted android.ext3.item... in fact, booting with the keyboard open had no noticeable effect. Perhaps bootmenu is buggy with PR1.1.1? Anyone have a suggestion as to something I can try. I'm so close to get a "testable" system!
After you install the bootmenu, you have to go to the apps and click 'Install bootmenu'

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

bdogg64: yes
Try re-downloading the zImage and flashing again. I hadn't had any issues with the kernel builds, but of thats the case when its just one person

The Following User Says Thank You to bdogg64 For This Useful Post:
after instaling bootmenu, and run app 'Install bootmenu', i still dont get in bootmenu after booting with keyboard open, i am on PR 1.1.1

Originally Posted by bdogg64 View Post
Try re-downloading the zImage and flashing again. I hadn't had any issues with the kernel builds, but of thats the case when its just one person
perhaps it is because i am on PR 1.2?

Last edited by b-man; 2010-03-06 at 23:14. Reason: typo

perhaps it is because i am on RP 1.2?
I'm gonna assume 1.2 isn't out yet, but I suppose its possible depending on what kernel 1.2 is using.

EDIT: it turns out that i miss-read my system info *slaps himself with a fish*
it turns out that i am using PR 1.1

I tried re-downloading your kernel image but i'm still having the same issue

do you have an md5 for the kernel image by any chance?

EDIT: it turns out that i miss-read my system info *slaps himself with a fish*
it turns out that i am using PR 1.1

I tried re-downloading your kernel image but i'm still having the same issue

do you have an md5 for the kernel image by any chance?
61e2d74152ca8942affe3cecfcfab710 (if thats wrong, forgive me)

Just another FYI, this doesn't allow you to dual boot as it is only for testing at this point unless you build the kernel and modules yourself and update your /lib/modules

Last edited by bdogg64; 2010-03-06 at 23:48.

The Following User Says Thank You to bdogg64 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread