Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Better send that charger to bigclivedotcom to check if it's electrically safe :')

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Being approved means that they can ship it easier and faster!

I think I've heard a fly coming here in this room....
I mean I know it's positive but was looking for something a little more concrete. Especially if anyone is familiar with this process from another startup device or project

And careful, if you feed a stray dog, it might follow you home...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
"
level 1
JustDroppedByToSay
2 points
·
16 hours ago
Does anyone know what the significance of this is? I mean does it suggest a particular point in the production?

Give Award
Save

level 2
gtmaster303
1 point
·
15 hours ago
Wondering the same as well. They've been posting a lot of fluff on social media but no ship date or updates since the last newsletter which was I think 2 weeks ago

Give Award
Save

level 3
89YheRNw4FCh43
1 point
·
36 minutes ago
This is a necessary step to clear the path to shipping these devices, so this is in a sense, good enough to send to FCC for final certification.

They are hopefully packing the pre-orders here in the next week or so, and shipping within a few days of that. For me personally, since they said early October, I'd want an arrived package or at least an in progresss shipment no later than October 7th.

If later than that, I will likely do a chargeback and wander into a Mall store to get some other phone, whatever $700 gets you these days. It must have a headphone jack.

Give Award
Save

level 1
ri_account
1 point
·
21 hours ago
Amazing!!! Great to see this... now, the shipments could starts ����

Reply"
Why not just link the Reddit thread here?
https://www.reddit.com/r/fxtec/comme..._for_approval/

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by gtmaster303 View Post
Why not just link the Reddit thread here?
https://www.reddit.com/r/fxtec/comme..._for_approval/
It is helpful for those of us who have social media blocked for whatever reasons . . .

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,716 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by shaihkritzer View Post
I recall long ago in this thread when someone asked about smaller device in the future, it was said that nowdays market does not offer screens smaller than 5,5 inch or so.

well, after now a low-budget ultra-small phone is released - the Xiaomi Qin 2, we know that small displays are not the problem. so we can bring up that question again: how small the Pro2 / Pro1 compact can theoretically be?
I think that the regular Samsung S8/9/10 (not the plus version) is a good pocket size. Let's see what the future will bring us

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
What's small about that budget xiaomi?
It has a 5.1" screen and a ridiculous 22.5:9 aspect ratio.
If you do the math and include the bezels too, it's almost as tall as a modern flagship phone with 6" screen at 19:9, but ridiculously narrow.
That makes it easy to grip but impossible to use with one hand and horrible for media consumption.
And if you throw an imaginary hardware keyboard to that form factor, you end up with a device that's really uncomfortable to type too.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nikos523 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nikos523 View Post
What's small about that budget xiaomi?
It has a 5.1" screen and a ridiculous 22.5:9 aspect ratio.
If you do the math and include the bezels too, it's almost as tall as a modern flagship phone with 6" screen at 19:9, but ridiculously narrow.
That makes it easy to grip but impossible to use with one hand and horrible for media consumption.
And if you throw an imaginary hardware keyboard to that form factor, you end up with a device that's really uncomfortable to type too.

It is even smaller than Sony Xperia Compact series phones.
Dimension: 132.6 x 55.4 x 8.6 mm

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FlyingAntero For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by FlyingAntero View Post
It is even smaller than Sony Xperia Compact series phones.

Dimension: 132.6 x 55.4 x 8.6 mm
Doesn't look compact to me.
And for XC that you mentioned (I have it), sony might thing that this is compact, but with those huge bezels it isn't.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nikos523 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nikos523 View Post
Doesn't look compact to me.
And for XC that you mentioned (I have it), sony might thing that this is compact, but with those huge bezels it isn't.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f123ec36c4.jpg
Xperia XZ1 Compact is currently my daily driver and it is one of the smallest phones out there with decent hardware. For F(x)tec "Pro2"/"Pro1 Compact" I hope smaller dimension than 140x70x15 mm. 140mm lenght is suitable for my hands so that I can reach every button easily horizontal.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to FlyingAntero For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by FlyingAntero View Post
Xperia XZ1 Compact is currently my daily driver and it is one of the smallest phones out there with decent hardware. For F(x)tec "Pro2"/"Pro1 Compact" I hope smaller dimension than 140x70x15 mm. 140mm lenght is suitable for my hands so that I can reach every button easily horizontal.
That's a different story. I was just talking about this oddly shaped xiaomi thing and the huge wasted space on all xperia phones.
For the Pro, I think that the only acceptable small form factor for one hand use, would be with the same screen to body ratio or more, 16:9 and about 5" screen.
Then it would have more than enough space to work and enough space for a nice keyboard!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nikos523 For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit