Active Topics

Notices

Hi guys!

Is there a way to modify accelerometer input options like mapping and calibration?

I have 2 problems:

In this version of openarena we have 2 inputs for turning left&rigth and none for strafing (possible w keys of cource).

I'd like to remap the accelerometer control to strafe via panning and tilt for forward&backward like it is.

Also I'd like to adjust the zero angle a bit. Now its almost 90 degrees when my character stands still.

Another nice thing would be if I could set the screen to act like a mouse instead of joystick.

Is there a cfg file etc whitch I can adjust these parametres from?

Hi guys,
I cant get it installed.
Could someone please do a step by step guide on how to install and run the q3 arena on n900.

Thanks a lot!
.tp

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Germany
Originally Posted by jcwilk View Post
It sounds like you already have a /home/user/.q3a/baseq3/ directory, to verify that this is the case, type in the following:

Code:
ls /home/user/.q3a/baseq3/
It shouldn't return an error but it should display the files in there, I think there's a .cfg file in there or something by default, but as long as it doesn't say "No such file or directory" you're good.

Now, assuming you moved your pk3 files into the baseq3 folder inside of MyDocs as qole suggested, now run this to move them into your quake 3 arena folder where they should go:

Code:
mv /home/user/MyDocs/baseq3/* /home/user/.q3a/baseq3/
(edit: made a mistake :'( )

And that will move all the files from the directory inside MyDocs into your quake 3 arena folder. To verify they're there, you can again run:

Code:
ls /home/user/.q3a/baseq3/
and you should see some pk3 files, this is what mine looks like: "crashlog.txt pak0.pk3 pak1.pk3 q3config.cfg q3history"

You should now be able to run quake3 and it should start up pretty quickly asking you for a key, and you just hit enter there. Let us know exactly what happens when you try to run it if it still isn't working.

Sorry if that was too verbose, not sure what your linux experience is
thx
it's now running!

although linking would have been smarter, now I wasted ~700MB of the limited 2GB for applications...but it's OK
(maybe i try to delete the baseq3-folder in .q3a and then again link it to the MyDocs-Folder
(before moving everything the .q3a/baseq3-folder only contained a crashlog.txt...)

further questions: how to change controls? I want to turn off the accelerometer (Quake2 on the N810 was quite playable with stylus + keyboard without any autoaim).
Changing controls ingame in OpenArena screwed everything up, so I did not try it in Q3A

and how do I get the console fo some tweaks (cg_fov, maybe thirdperson and so on)
I also can't change the video settings, the q3config seems to be copy protected

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
hey! could some of you guys try to play q3tourney1 map on quake 3 arena? And tell me if you can play that level in the end. 'cause thats the level, that exits the game every time i play it. I would like to know is the bug only in my quake 3 or does this happen to everyone else.

Originally Posted by J0ph33 View Post
thx
it's now running!

although linking would have been smarter, now I wasted ~700MB of the limited 2GB for applications...but it's OK
(maybe i try to delete the baseq3-folder in .q3a and then again link it to the MyDocs-Folder
(before moving everything the .q3a/baseq3-folder only contained a crashlog.txt...)

further questions: how to change controls? I want to turn off the accelerometer (Quake2 on the N810 was quite playable with stylus + keyboard without any autoaim).
Changing controls ingame in OpenArena screwed everything up, so I did not try it in Q3A

and how do I get the console fo some tweaks (cg_fov, maybe thirdperson and so on)
I also can't change the video settings, the q3config seems to be copy protected
Ah, I didn't know the space was distributed like that :\ linking makes more sense now. I just tried it and I expected it to work simply but it didn't, there's some weird permissions thing going on with MyDocs... I can't seem to chmod or chown anything in there, and quake 3 does nothing when I try to open it now. Ah well, I'll move it back to unlinked.

I was able to change the controls ingame ok, but they didn't persist when I quit. Neither did my progress through the levels, or my cdkey (which was just blank, but it still asks every time like I've just installed it). Couldn't find any way to disable the accelerometer though... Tried a couple things related to the mouse but I think those affect the stylus, the accelerometer might be hardcoded in... No one else seems to have found a way either :\

You can get to the console with ctrl+Fn(the blue arrow)

how do i quit OPEN ARENA?

i figured out how to bring up console but when i type quit, it just sys quit player not found? lol

is there a button combo i can press to quit it? i find myself having to reset the phone.

You need to type /quit, not quit

Hi,
I still get an error "Unable to install 'ioquake3'
Application packages missing: opengles-sgx-img-common (=0.20090218.55.9+0m5).

Any help with that?
cheers

Originally Posted by Ph0b View Post
You need to type /quit, not quit
!!!!

lol.....thank you very much.....

how do I dis-associate the accelerometer with the movement of the player? can it be easily done?

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sweden
Ok, here's my problem. I've installed openarena for a while ago but decided to uninstall it. So now when I want to reinstall it, I can' find it in the program manager. extras-devel is propertly added and I can see everything except for just openarena... Maybe there is a problem that it has never been completly uninstalled?

I tried to install it using red pill method but it said icompatiple file... :/